Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7.02 > NW74. Create new NW74 track in NWDI 7.02

daniel_robinson2
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI NWDI experts,

We have upgraded our portal from NW7.02 > NW74. All custome components were deleted. Now we need to migrate our custom components to NW74. We have the correct NWDS level 731 and we're getting ready to create a NW74 track to import our components into so we can migrate them to NW74. Our NWDI is still 702. Is there a document that talks about this specific process? Is this the best way to do NW702 > NW74?

Regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_robinson2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter and Jun. I updated my SLD content to latest NW74 . Pointed my Component Builder to SAPJVM6 (the "rest" of NWDI is pointing to SAPJVM4). Created a new track for NW74 portal content.

We have purely  Custom Java Development Components in NW702 portal.

But now the 702 Prerequisites for Build and Installation Time that were valid for 702 track:

DI BUILD 700, SAPJ2EE Engine 700, SAP JAVA TECH SERVICES 700

are not valid for the NW74 track. What pre-reqs do I pick for NW74?

I created a new version/name for our custom SC/Product in SLD
I added the following as pre-reqs in SLD (guessing they are the new versions)
J2EE ENGINE FRAMEWORK 740, J2EE ENGINE EXTENSIONS 740, FRAMEWORK EXTENSIONS 740?

Are these the right SCA's to add for Custom Java Development Components in NW74 portal?

Regards

Daniel

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you have access to the Service Market place in order to read SAP notes.

Please refer to this note:

1572743    Required SCs for Specific Type of Development in 7.31 Track and 7.40 Track 

In the different sections it is stated the required SCs for the specific type of development.

Regards

Milen

daniel_robinson2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Milen. For Webdynpro the note mentions:

COMP_BUILDT

ECM-CORE

ENGFACADE

ENGINEAPI

ESCONFBUILDT

FRAMEWORK

MOIN_BUILDT

SAP_BUILDT

WD_RUNTIME

I defined those as pre-reqs in my SLD definition of my Custom Software Component and I've copied over the .SCA files from my NW74 portal to my CMS inbox ready to check in. Do you know which FRAMEWORK it is referring to ? J2EE_ENGINE FRAMEWORK 7.40 or JAVA FRAMEWORK OFFLINE 7.40? I assume the latter based on the name.

Daniel

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

J2EEFRMW is called J2EE ENGINE FRAMEWORK while FRAMEWORK is JAVA FRAMEWORK OFFLINE, thus you will need the latter indeed.

Regards,

Peter

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

daniel_robinson2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks all! All those steps put together worked. I checked in all those SAP components , along with our components and imported into Dev and Consolidation tabs in NWDI and everything is working now!

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

The NWDI version will not restrict you from working with 7.4 tracks, if that was the question. These are independent entities.

(this is why it does not matter -- Added by Ervin Szölke )

So you can certainly create your 7.4 tracks with 7.0x NWDI. The procedure is the same as with other versions, but you need the corresponding SCAs, NWDS and JDK.

Regarding the JDK home settings you may find this thread interesting as it talks about this topic.

Best Regards,

Peter

Message was edited by: Ervin Szolke

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nothing special, just use the 7.4 sca and configure the track with jdk1.6