Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Main Screen Field from Subscreen Module.

former_member221827
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Read around on this and it's looking like there isn't a way to accomplish this, but figured I'd ask to be sure.

Does anyone know if there is a way to hide a button on the main screen when a value is updated on a subscreen?  Or is there some alternative that I could use that isn't overly complicated and dirty?

Any thoughts are appreciated!  Thanks,

-Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member210541
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes it should be possible...can you please provide some more details like which screen, the field names, which value you are updating

4 REPLIES 4

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

May i ask which screen are you referring to?

Thanks!

former_member210541
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes it should be possible...can you please provide some more details like which screen, the field names, which value you are updating

0 Kudos

It's a Z program written by my company.  Basically there is a main screen 0100 which in it's PBO calls subscreen 0110.  The main screen has a button named 'LEVEL_BTN' that I would like to enable or disable based upon a change in value of a dropdown on the subscreen named 'ACCESS'.

I considered doing a CHAIN / FIELD / MODULE call, but I don't think that allows for setting the mainscreen button to inactive as if I do a LOOP AT SCREEN in a subscreen module it will only loop over the subscreen items.

0 Kudos

loop on your main screen in PBO, read value of dropdown of ACCESS and change main screen accordingly.