Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while uploading records in SM30 using BDC

ameesa_sameen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to upload records in SM30 using BDC using call transaction , if the records are 25 I get an error Screen 0000 is too large for internal batch input area.

I need urgent help on this . Can somebody please help me resolve this.

9 REPLIES 9

0 Kudos

Hi Ami S,

I never use BDC to maintain table data.

May be you can use open sql to edit the table data directly.

Or you can call FM    'VIEW_MAINTENANCE_CALL' in your program to perform standard maintainance view.

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

This is because the no of line items in sm30 screen on your laptop/desktop.  When it crossed you will get this error message.

My question is, for which table you try to enter records,  Please let me know.

We can write a separate upload program that reads data from your excel sheet and insert into that table.

PS:  if it is so urgent, a quick solution would be break your files into 20 records each and run separately each time.

Regards,

Venkat

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

It is a custom table and since there are multiple validations on each field I am using BDC.

0 Kudos

And each time resolution differs on different system then your no of lines also gets changed so better to have single terminal and count your line items and you max fix it at this time because its an urgent for you.

0 Kudos

I have used marked default size as X and uploading 17 records at a time because in recording It shows 17.. but I still get the error screen is too large for batch input session.

0 Kudos

run once in foreground and check it. do not run it in background directly.,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly check below link

Screen 000 is too large for internal batch inpu... | SCN

Regards

Suganya

Pragnesh_7se7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ami,

You can write direct update query if table is Z means not standard..

0 Kudos

Ami wrote:

It is a custom table and since there are multiple validations on each field I am using BDC.

so direct update query would not be useful at that point.