cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Queries - successful transport but Production queries are different from Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BW experts,

I have an issue with SAP BEx queries. We recently transported some queries from DEV to PROD. The queries were newly created.

The transport was successful; there were no failures in the import.

However, when I checked the same queries in PROD, the variables and free characteristics were different from those in Quality. Either it was a different variable or the free characteristics from DEV were missing in PROD.

And the Last Changed By of the query showed a different ID when compared with the user ID in DEV.

We have not been able to trace the cause - could it be an import issue with the transport or is it something else?

Can anyone please help me with this issue asap? It is an urgent requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And the Last Changed By of the query showed a different ID when compared with the user ID in DEV.

It means this query objects might not be collected properly. Save variables and query elements even after you entered the request for collection. So that everything will be collected.

Hope helps - Kumar

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try to reimport your previous transport with help of basis team. while importing use overwrite option.

if that doesn't solve then again try to recollect your queries form dev system and transport target system.

Better to regenerate query at dev system once before collecting into transport request.

Collect queries into bex transport from RSA1-->transport connection.

Thanks

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aparajitha,

Can you re-import TR again with overwrite originals option.

Regards,

Vengal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please again transport it and then whether it solved the issue.

If still you have the same issue, you can regenerate the bex query in transaction RSRT using the button "Generate Report".

Please then check whether query is corrected or not.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Should i try regenerating the query in DEV or PROD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should regenerate the query in that system where the issue is coming.

But you should also consider re-transporting as sometimes re-transport works.

Regards,

Amit