Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOS: difference's subassignments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Need assistance in following case:

1. we use 4-5 subassignment for    items
  2. in Two-Sided Elimination method items for Other Differences are equal to the one in Selections Tab
  3. system requires customizing of subassignments for differential items
  4. is it possible to derive subassignments for differential items from items in the selection?

Now system posts documents only if we customize subassignments for differential items directly in method on "Other differences tab" or requires "default indicator for the differential item". Both settings do not suite to clients requirements.

Example:

Report data

CompanyItemPartnerSubas1Subas2Subas3Sum
022201012-90

Client wants to get following result AFTER elimination -

01110212010=100-90
0222010120=-90+90

What we tried to do:

IE Posting with direct assignment (all Subas=1) - incorrect result because of subas for difference:

011102120-100

IE Posting with "default indicator for the differential item" creates 2 more rows with subassignments (for each unique combination) - incorrect result - too complicated and result is awful:

011102120-100
012201012-90

Please, help!

Maybe there is other possibility to customize Two-Sided Elimination in order to get appropriate results after elimination (look at what Client wants tab)? Is it possible to eliminate same values for Debit and Credit items (=90), otherwise report data (100 and 90)?

Please, help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe I didn't understand the situation, but in my opinion there is no need in reclass or custom task.

The problem in question might be solved just by standard means of 2-sided elimination.

I have no system at hand now. But remember that in configuration of IUE there is a strategy of attributing the difference. Attribute the difference to the unit with the bigger (absolute value) value. It works just perfectly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Eugene! Thanks for the advice! But problem is with subassignments for difference - we need them to be derived from original data. We tried two options - *default value* and direct assignment - both do not work correctly.  I*ve mentioned this logic in question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Marina,

Apparently, that you didn't try what I suggested. Assigning an ITEM for difference might be ANY, direct or original. Whatever business wants. It doesn't matter.

BUT how the difference is calculated, which amounts are cleared and which remains; to which CU it assigned, depend on  strategy of attributing the difference. As I wrote before.

Strategy for Posting Differences - Business Consolidation (SEM-BCS) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

I*ve tried what you have mentioned, system posts two different sum for each item (sum that came in report data). In my example -100 and +90 (difference doesn*t mater because of setting). What client wants: sum -90 and +90. We thought we can do this using difference settings but couldn*t set up subassignments. May be there is another way to set up -90 and +90 elimination?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. let's see how it really works.

Your Report data

The system finds the amount of pair of CU. Summ their amounts: 100 - 90.

Storno all amounts, for both CU

011102120-100

And the difference 10 place to the CU with the bigger amount:

As a result, we eliminated the common liability (or whatever) 90 and -90. And left 10 on the Company 1.

And you said 10 is immaterial.

SAP often don't do exaclty entries the client wants. You need to convince them in it. The main things - the result is correct. And it doesn't require any reclasses or BAdIs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can not set up system the way you mentioned here - system does not post difference such way. It requires setting for subassignments - as I mentioned. 10 matters - I wrote difference doesn*t matter because of your advice for settings Assigning an ITEM for difference might be ANY, direct or original. Whatever business wants. It doesn't matter

Problem for this 10 difference is subassignments - they do nor derive from unit with bigger value or else. System requires setting - *default* value or direct assignment. We need system to post difference using item and assignments from report data ( as you wrote in example) but we could not set it up so.

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The eliminations are intended to initially eliminate the reported and standardized data and subsequently post the difference as defined in the configuration, hence the multiple lines.

The only suggestion I can make, is to have a subsequent reclassification or replace the elimination with a reclassification to get the desired results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answer! Is it possible to implement reclassification using two sided elimination logic? I will have to set up reclass for each unique  pair of cons units? How else will system find two corresponding data in 2 units? Do I understand all correct?

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not necessary to configure individual sets of cons unit/partner unit combinations. Simply include sets of cons units, partner units and items as the triggers, leave the source blank and the trigger will be inherited as the source, and the target is the difference item.

If possible, use the posting level 20 elimination document type to ensure the reclassification is recognized by the consolidation logic as an elimination for reporting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan, thanks! But when I set up reclass task as you adviced,  system posts document only in 1 cons unit - no elimination is performed in partner unit. Also, subassignments are derived from default values maintained in system settings (no flag is set). Though we need them to be derived from source.

May be I don*t set up all settings of reclass task correctly?

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

leave the source and target subassignments blank and select the default check-box. This will derive the subassignments from the trigger.

If both partners have accounted for their side of the transaction there should be separate postings for each that will eliminate the balances as needed. If not, then an additional step may be needed for the partner unit as trigger and the corresponding cons unit must be the inherited value for the source and target.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning! Still can not set up correct elimination. I need two sided elimination logic - system must find two correlated sum and post document to eliminate the one that is less but in two companies at one time. Reclass gives me postings in the same unit but with item from partner company. One's more my situation:

Report data

Document that I need:

011102120-90
022201012+90

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excuse me, Dan, could you please suggest me if it's possible to set up desired task using 'custom task'? May be there is 'How to' about custom task somewhere?

Thank you!

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues! We’ve decided to set up custom task for resolution of our problem. First we search for two sided records and then create desired documents for elimination. New records (documents) we want to save in custom table in backend, then upload them into consolidation using Load from Data Stream. Here we face another problem: system allows to choose only Document types for posting levels 01, 02, 10, 12 in Method definition. I’ve searched for couple linked topics here and it seems that there should be a possibility to load document types PL20 from data streams (http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/48/5f0e6d8ea2350ce10000000a42189d/content.htm). May be I should set up smth special in system to implement this option?

System version SEM-BW 604 SAPK-60407INSEMBW.

Thank you!