Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TABLE NOT FOUND - CHEN (ODBC - 2004) Message 131-183

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client's machine encountered this error "TableNot Found - chen (ODBC -

2004) Occurred Message 131-183" when log in to B1. This happen after a user add in a user-defined field. And all others machine encountered same error while login.

We have tried to reboot both SQL and B1 Server, but problem persist. Look into CHEN table, it consists of ID, counter, component. Anyone know about the use of this table?

Appreciate any reply on this issues. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Adding through B1 application, User-Defined Fields --> Manage User Fields. We have tried to manually kill the process in SQL server to realease block. But this does not help.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you have a backup of the database.

This same thing happened to me, and after I fixed it I sent my DB off to SAP. They confirmed that this was a very rare bug, and had happened before. Specifically, if there is a lock on a table when youtry to add a UDF/UDO. Even if you have disconnected all clients from the database, there could still be a lock from the DIAPI maybe via an external addon, etc.

It might not be this issue in your case, but it sounds exactly the same so I hope this helps you.

The CHEN table does exist so the error mesasge is very misleading if ths is the case.

If you have a backup, then you should restore the backup under a different database name. (suppose your real database is "company" so you restore it as "companytest", in the queries below subsitute "company" for the real database name.

login to both and run this query on each database:

select count(*) from information_schema.tables

You should see that the totals are different.

Now run

Select table_name from companytest..information_schema.tables where table_name not in (select table_name from company..information_schema.tables)

You should then get a list of the tables that are really missing from the "company" database.

Hopegully, they will be just small tables and you can restore these table objects without too much hassle.

In my case, I was missing OCRD, JDT1, DNL1, OADM and a couple of others. It lost me half a day's transactions to restore the objects and I had to redo my Document Numbering schemes manually, but it could have been a LOT worse.

Anyway, maybe I am wrong and this is some other issue, but you could try what I have listed above and keep fingers crossed. Best of luck.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks very much for your reply. It really help me alots to solve the issue.

Regards,

Carol

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Carol,

Glad to have been of help!

Regards,

Stephen

Gianluigi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

According to B1 documentation, CHEN is a per-company related DB table. It

contains "Caching update notification" data.

How did you add user defined fields in the DB ?