cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP LUMIRA File Open Instance/Port Input Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ~

While I'm trying to open a lumira file that I made by connecting to a hana server.

At the first time I make a new file, I can input the port number like '30041' of the hana server

in the 'instance/port number' field at the  popup window ( connection window )..

So, I can connect to the hana server and make a new lumira report.

But, when I try to open the file again, at the connection popup window, I can't input the whole port number ( 30041 )

becase the input field ( 'instance/port' ) can be inputed only two digit not 5 digit.

So I can't connect to the hana server properly and I got the error message.

"Confirm the server name and instance ID ... "

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ShailendarAnugu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please input your instance number i.e 04 instead of 30 and check.. it should work.

Thanks,

Shailu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, Shailendar.

Actually the hana db was installed with multi tenant ( our BC told me that )

and the instance number is '00' ( I knew that before ).

So I had tried with the instance number '00', but it failed.

( Also when I make a new file with connecting to a hana server, we had to input the port number
  instead of the instance number '00' ( with instance number, we got a error message for connection) )

And now I wonder whether SAP LUMIRA support the multi tenant hana db or not.

Thanks.

Regards,

Song

ShailendarAnugu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Song,

ohh I see and the answer is not yet, but it's coming soon.

Thanks,

Shailu.,

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Song,

Multi Tenancy Support for Hana as a source is not yet available in Lumira Desktop. You can expect this in upcoming releases.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use multi tenant HANA DB and try to connect to this DB with Lumira desktop you can use port forwarding that port 3xx15 is forwarded to your desired port. I have used portproxy on Windows and I can connect to multitenant hana DB

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Majdic,

Can you please share the steps to do that?

Thanks,

M.Hisham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

I created port forwarding on BOBJ server that all Lumira clients can use this port forwarding. (you can have this also on normal Windows computer)

If you create new reports with new version of Lumira you can connect to multitenant hana DB but if you have created reports in old release then you need to use this workaround.

Example:

BOBJ SERVER IP 172.10.10.90

HANA SERVER IP 172.10.10.95 instance port is 30342

On BOBJ server in CMD (run as administrator)

netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenport=30115 listenaddress=172.10.10.90 connectport=30342 connectaddress=172.10.10.95

Hope that it helps!

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the details, this workaround is really helpful.

However, I have downloaded the latest Lumira version LUMIRA 1.28.5

And still no support for multi-tenant HANA databases, so looks like your workaround is still the only solution for this until now.

Thanks again,

M.Hisham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

With Lumira 1.28.2 I can connect like this (only for creating new report):

ivalle
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Taek,

I had this problem in September and i opened a incident to SAP. The SAP Support answer was that Lumira only connect with non multi-tenanted system and that this problem would be resolved next version (1.29). Was created the SAP notes number 2223354. In the Last friday was liberated the 1.29.2 version but today i tested and still not work with Hana Multitenant.

In September i solved with a workarround using the SAP BO Universe on Hana and connected with Universe connector in SAP Lumira. It's work fine.

Thanks,

Igor Valle

0 Kudos

Hi,

we also encounter the same thing using a multitenant system on SPS10 and latest Lumira v1.29:

- Connecting to the tenant on specific port, e.g. 31041

- Creating the document is fine

- Saving the document is fine

- Reopening the document – error message and cannot open anymore, see below

- Connection cannot be updated with port number instead of instance-nr

I hope it gets fixed soon!

Thanks!

Stijn

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stijn

There is an open incident on this with another customer. The description is essentially as follows:

Customer is able to connect to a multi-tenant system - but they are unable to refresh or save it to Hana because the save / refresh dialog only allows for 2 digits in the port / instance number.

This was an issue that was tracked and patched in Lumira 1.28 - but it looks like the fix didn't make it into 1.29.

We are currently in the process of escalation the issue to R&D to get a resolution in a future Service Pack.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

j_vandersterren
Participant
former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for that Jos. I just found out about this KBA in the morning. Stijn, Click here for direct link to to the KBA.

- Ludek

0 Kudos

Great! Thanks a lot!