cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI: Graphical Form Painter could not be called (FORMPAINTER_CREATE_WINDOW, )

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor

Hi,

After upgrading to SAPGUI 7.40 SP5 (Release: 740 Final Release, File version: 7400.2.5.1110, Build:1614083, Patch level: 5) I got the following error message in SE71 when I try to use the Graphical form painter:

Graphical Form Painter could not be called (FORMPAINTER_CREATE_WINDOW, )

Message no. TD245

Diagnosis

An error occurred structuring the graphical Form Painter.

System Response

The system switches to the alphanumeric Form Painter.

Before it worked fine with SAPGUI 7.30. No relevant OSS note was found. OS: Win 7 Enterprise SP1 64bit.

Any hint what to check (apart from opening an OSS message)?

Thanks,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Graphical Form Painter in initial installation of SAPGUI 7.40 PL1 (50127120_6) seems to work fine for me.

SAPGUI 7.40 PL5 (gui740_5-10013011.exe) installation removes file

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\saprtf.ocx

in my installation.

Simple quick copy back from SAPGUI 7.40 PL1 (50127120_6) does not solve the issue.

(I found no saprtf.ocx in gui740_4-10013011.exe or gui740_5-10013011.exe, open with 7zip).

Side-effect from 2192210 - New and removed components on the Presentation DVD 7.40 Compilation 2 (SAP GUI Installati... ?

Controls for the SAPscript Legacy Text Editor: This component is called "SAPSCRIPT LEGACY TEXT EDITOR" on SAP Support Portal and can be found here

http://service.sap.com/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=DISPHIER&HEADER=Y&FUNCTIONBAR=...

The link shows "No data available" at the moment, so not clear, which OCX might be in.

P.S.

ECL Viewer is gone, too.

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tibor Master,

It's good to see you here

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer. We'll try patch 1 or 2 and will give you an update.

Thanks,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

> It's good to see you here

maybe I should create a SDN user independend from S-User ID... 

As long as the "SAPSCRIPT LEGACY TEXT EDITOR" patch ends in "No data available",

there is a possible solution for SAPGUI 7.40 PL5:

1. Copy those files from installation 50127120_6
    Folder 50127120_6\BD_NW_7.0_Presentation_7.40_Comp._1_\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\SapGui
    h5dlg32.dll, h5icon32.dll, h5krnl32.dll, h5menu32.dll, h5rtf32.dll, h5tool32.dll, saprtf.ocx
    into C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui
  2. Open C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and execute cmd.exe with "Run as administator" (32-bit version and administrator)
  3. regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\saprtf.ocx" -> Success message expected
  4. Close all SAP instances + SAP Logon
  5. Logon to SAP >SE71 > Enjoy

Have fun,

Tibor

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tibor,

Thanks a lot for your help. We tried this workaround and it worked.

"maybe I should create a SDN user independend from S-User ID...  "

You can also use the S-user from the certification, that one should work and that one is company independent.

Anyway I'll open a message to get an official statement for this issue.

Peter

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"SAPSCRIPT LEGACY TEXT EDITOR" is available for download now.

After installing this component there is no error message anymore.

It's a new component:

and the file size for saprtf.ocx seems to be also different compare to the old one:

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem "No data available" with download seems to be specific to my S-User or my PC.

(happy hour)

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Strange. For me it worked.

For OSS notes it can happen that it's released to a certain customer, but for patches it should not be a case.

Maybe try to make a search for "SAPSLTESP00_0-70001053.EXE"

reinold_mller
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok the solution with execution of "SAPSLTESP00_0-70001053.EXE" works for a single installation but not for the SAP Setup Server.

I'm not able to import that as a product to my setup server.

Anyone a solution for that?

Regards

Reinhold

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reinhold,

I didn't try myself, but this was mentioned in OSS note 2192210 - New and removed components on the Presentation DVD 7.40 Compilation 2 (SAP GUI Installatio...:

"

To add the files to an existing SAP GUI Installation Server follow these steps:

• Start NWSAPSetupAdmin.exe from the SETUP directory of the installation server
  • In the toolbar, choose Import Products
  • Follow the wizard and supply the path to the source containing the product to be added to the installation server

Once the products are imported you can define a single installation package that installs SAP GUI as well as ECL Viewer and / or Controls for the SAPscript Legacy Text Editor."

Best regards,

Peter

reinold_mller
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

yes I found that SAP note but it doesnt work with an installation server.

Some minutes ago started a new thread with the same problem.

Best Regards.

Reinhold

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reinhold,

Probable it's a bug

Hopefully someone from SAP will help on your new thread.

If you don't get answers there, maybe opening an OSS Message could be also an option.

Best regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

this works for me by unpacking all :

SAPSLTESP00_0-70001053.EXE /extract=c:\temp\sap

and import package in SAP Gui Installation Server :

http://inoujk.free.fr/tempor/sap/sap_wsus.jpg

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Problem is solved.

Thank you for everythink.

former_member206857
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone, I downloaded the editor, added it to my GUI install server and updated and created a new package.

Works fine now.

itslahcen
Explorer
0 Kudos

hey could please send the link from where u downloaded the editor, thanks in advance.

former_member206857
Active Participant
0 Kudos