cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/deep/ combinator is deprecated warnings on chrome.After unable to use the portal in google chrome.

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We are accessing the portal in google chrome.It's unfortunately stopped the working and after it Is showing following warning in google chrome console.we are not getting any log trace for the same.

/deep/ combinator is deprecated. See

https://www.chromestatus.com/features/6750456638341120 for more details.

The above error we checking in net we are not able to get any solution.

find the below for reference.

Issue 498405 - chromium - ::shadow or /deep/ combinator is deprecated warnings on chrome:// pages - ...

We are unable fix this error.Please suggest how to resolve this error. Because the end users are facing this error and are unable to use the portal in google chrome.

Please provide the solution for the same ASAP.

Thanks and regrades,

Durga Rao.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

a. the /deep/ is just a warning meaning it is deprecated and should not be used anymore, however it is still operational meaning the fact that the page is not working is not because of that.

b. User administration works in chrome, it looks like you have an issue with your specific landscape.

make sure your server and application are correctly deployed/installed.

to me it looks like an issue with an update gone wrong.

Thanks and BR,

Saar

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please tell me the suggestion the above error in sap portal.End users and administrators activities are not supporting the Chrome.

Please support the above issue...?

Thanks and regrades,

Durga Rao.

roman_loshevsky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Portal administration via Chrome not supported according to the SAP note 1655306 - Google Chrome for end users and administrators

See restrictions part in the note.

Best regards,

Roman

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Thanks the reply,

I referred the following Note

1655306 - Google Chrome for end users and administrators

Means up to patch release we need to wait..?

What is the final result.It will work in future or not...?My system version is 7.4 SP11.

Best regards,

Durga Rao.

roman_loshevsky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Really I am not sure if it will work in future as it depends on Chrome  implementations and support.

SAP limitations is result of browser features and abilities for content rendering.
If Chrome browser has some deprecations / support limitations SAP cannot change product each time browser vendor change  browser behavior.

I am strongly recommend to use IE for Portal administration.

Best regards,

Roman

roman_loshevsky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Portal content.

If the content contains iView based on custom developed application – ask developers to change implementation according to deprecation.
BR,
Roman.

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Thanks for the reply,

Your said change the custom developed application but we are getting standard  applications also.In this case not working in google chrome.Other browsers working fine.

Please find the attached screen shot for reference.

Please can you explain how to fix this error.

Thanks and regrades,

Durga Rao.

roman_loshevsky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The part where it is related to Chrome browser should be fixed by application developers.

Ask your developers to review https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=498405

This issue not related to Portal but clearly related to custom application and Chrome support.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33020031/how-can-i-turn-off-deep-combinator-deprecation-warnings-...

BR,
Roman.

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

The issue is related to Chrome support.Because we are getting standard(nwa,administrator roles) applications getting the below error for reference screen shot .

Please tell me what we can do..?

The google chrome 45 version not supporting so many settings.see this below link.

https://www.browserling.com/blog/942-google-chrome-45

Thanks and regrades,

Durga Rao.