cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom planning function type:- No records are updated in target

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have application implemented in SAP BW IP for moving data from one cube to another for which custom Function Type created where many custom logic written for business requirements, I am trying to run same and can see that no records are updated to target at all.

What van be possible reasons which i can check to make sure that i will get some records in target. For information i have deleted target completely and tried to reload data, with full as well delta loads in  source and tried to run IP sequence but still it is not working.

Can you please help me getting records in target.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sheldon_piao
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you do not want to use FOX, you have to set break-point at every suspend customized code part.
Then execute the sequence and detect which part of code is not filled with expected parameter/data content. For the current limited information, it is quite hard to detect the root cause.

Best Regards,
Sheldon.

dr_denisreis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Why do you need a custom function type? Why not running a simple copy and then manipulate the data in FOX?

If you have a custom function type in place there are too many unknown variables, so I doubt anyone can give you a satisfying answer.

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please read the rules of engangement and log on to this forum with your real name.

then we will be willing to answer questions.

regards

Cornelia