cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0currency as a navigational attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

There is a requirement where user wants to make 0currency as a Navigational attribute of 0comp_code. When I tried to that it says as this is "Unit" field  making Navigational attribute is not possible.

Please help me in this regards if any body has any solution.

Thanks a lot in advance! Points will be rewarded for solutions.

Thanks,

Arvind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may also add a dummy char, let's call it ZDUMMY, which will replace your 0unit and add it as the nav attr to your comp_code..Afterwards, you may do a lookup to fill values for your ZDUMMY..

Regards,

Loed

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

as given by hitesh it will give the desired report output.

create the formula variable with replacement path.

choose the attribute vlaues - it will pick form the master tables.

after writing the formula don't use the NODIM  function.

Thanks,

Phani.

former_member183519
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Create a DSO/ODS and load the data from Table TCURR. Afterwards you need to create a routine in the InfoObject (were you have the currency Attribute in). In this routine you look up the relevant currency entry for your InfoObject.

OR

take a simple example, suppose u want to display employee no(char), salary(kf) and 0currency in report. and 0currency should be as navigatioal(***make this requirement as compatible with yours***)

Create a formula variable like below,

with processing type -> replacement path and provide the reference char as "" employee  ""

and in the replacement path tab ,

replace variable with-> info-object,

replace with --> attribute value ,

attribute --> (salary)

use interval --> from value

remove the ready for input check box ,

Currency /unit tab  --> in dimensions choose currency ans save the variable .

then create a new formula in column and choose this formula variable , you will get the desired result

Regards,

Hitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for providing solution. But if I create a formula then, can that formula be used as a characteristics.

Basically user wants to use 0currecny as a filter also, but if I go below formula will that be possible? Please explain.

Thanks,

Arvind

former_member183519
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arvind,

Yes.

Please proceed and let us know if any issues.

Thanks.

Hitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

In Currency/Unit tab I am able to see currency but If I select Amount in Dimension then only I can use and more over Currency will be fixed in this case, which I dont want.

User wants 0Currecny as Navigational attribute so that they can use it as filter.

They want to filter it with Document currency, Local Currency and all.

Please help in this.

Thanks,

Arvind

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you select the amount then you are able to see the currecy that is that it will work.

for this case you need to create the variable for the key fiigure unit.

create the conditions then apply the variable on key figures.

please refer the below doc may be it will help.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d072bd5c-09ad-2d10-eb8c-8164271df...

or

while turniing the navigtional attr while error you are facing pls share the screen shot ot us.

Thanks,

Phani.