Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonded Warehouse scenario

akash_agrawal5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello!

As per the standard SAP SVT behavior as far as the Bonded Warehouse Procedure is concerned -

1. If a substance is imported into a bonded warehouse from outside the validity area of the regulation, substance volume tracking does not consider the substance quantities as an import.
  2. During a stock transport order from a bonded warehouse to a receiving plant within the validity area of the regulation, substance volume tracking does consider the substance quantity as an import.

(above explanation copied from SAP Help)

Considering the validity Area as REG_REACH, is there a way to backtrack the origin of substances transferred to the receiving Plant (lets say EU Plant) mentioned in scenario 2? Specifically, I would only be interested in tracking the substances that were first imported from NON-EU region to the Bonded Warehouse and later on moved to any EU Plant via STO. I would not be interested in tracking the substances that were first supplied by an EU vendor to the Bonded Warehouse and then later on moved to an EU Plant via STO. Basically, the requirement is to be selective on scenario 2 tracking.

Has anyone mapped/customized such scenario in the past ?

Thanks,

Akash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

akash_agrawal5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello CB,

Fortunately in this scenario we were able to perform the backtracking, thanks to the logistics set up of customer.

It is true that "If a substance is imported into a bonded warehouse from outside the validity area of the regulation, substance volume tracking does not consider the substance quantities as an import." However, in the logistics process when the Goods Receipt is performed at Bonded Warehouse, if the material is Batch Managed, a specific valuation type is automatically assigned to the material document. Now, when an outbound delivery is created for an EU customer and a Batch/valuation type is picked, SVT on the basis of valuation type determines whether the quantities are to be tracked or ignored. Like you said, this is more of a Logistics issue than EHS.

Thank you for looking into my questions.

Thanks,

Akash

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Akash

thanks for your comments/hints. May be I can resuse them in future SVT projects

C.B.

JuanCarlosDelga
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Why do you need to use bonded warehouse for an EU vendor? Use it anly for non-EU vendors.

The bonded warehouse can be a storage location in a center.

Regards

JCD

akash_agrawal5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I know what you mean, I wish I could control the business transactions. There have been many transactions in the past between EU vendors/Plants and Bonded Warehouse due to various business reasons and I do not see any possibility of avoiding these in future too.

Looks like there is a possibility of backtracking these transactions going by valuation types and hitting/adjusting the confirmed quantities. I was just wondering if anyone else got into such situation in the past ?

Thanks,

Akash

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Akash

I am sorry.I did nott catch your problem.

If material is moved from outside of REACH area to Bonded wareshouse in REACH area according to my knowlegde no tracking is happening. If the material is then moved from Bonded warehhosue to REACH area tracking is done. If material is moved not to REACH area (which can happen as welll) as well no tracking is done.

Now coming back to the issue of "backtracking". This is no SVT iissues buta "Logisitc" topic.  >You will see many business transaction with the "Third-Party Order Processing" process and here you have the same issue as you can have "multiple steps" between customer and company.

As long as the SAP relevant documents are not "finalized" you can do some back tracking (with high efforts) but if the relevant documents are confirmed there is no SAP tool available (which I know) to analyze this. There are some quite helpful ABAP reports in place to do SVT analysis. But Backtracking for Bondeded Warehouse is not supported.

In most cses: after some explanation of how SAP do the jobthe customer using SAP is satisfied. Especially in the area of SVT; because of complexity of logistic set up, EHS set up you need in some cases for analysis of one logistic document 1 day atleats toexplain: why was it tracked; and why wasn't it tracked.

C.B.