Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Portal UME credentials to gateway

vinay_baji2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We currently have our portal users in portal UME (AS Java), and are working on Fiori implementation.

Fiori accepts its own gateway credentials, and can be integrated with IDM/LDAP/CUA.

While the centralized user authentication set up is worked upon, is there any alternative to import the entire portal UME to the gateway so that it accepts the same credentials that of Portal (including passwords)?

If yes, how do we go about doing this?

Could any of you please enlighten me on this possibility.

Counting on the experts here to suggest me an alternative

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vinay_baji2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Issue resolved.

Precis solution for the exact requirement found at:

http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-portal/blog/2014/05/14/sap-portal-fiori-launchpage-launchpad...

I had checked it earlier, but some how forgot linking the fioriclient to iview instead of portal. So, took sometime to resolve.

Cheers!

Vinay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i don't think you can import the pwd from portal to gw.

vinay_baji2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jun Wu,

I haven't come across any possibilities to import from Portal to GW either.

If not this, is there any other alternative that you are aware of, which could allow me to access the Fiori dashboard through the mobile app as expected, yet the login credentials should be that which is being used by portal(AS Java).

IDM/LDAP type options require some time and set up. I am looking at a make-do solution atleast without forcing the users to remember a new set of passwords. Possible?

Thanks a lot for the link and your input!

Regards,

Vinay

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

export user from portal to gw, setup the sso,

then you will be good.

vinay_baji2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Thanks for your response. I have the SSO set up between Portal and Fiori, but since we are on EP 7.4 SP06, I dont have the Fiori iview to integrate. I have used URL iview to call the dashboard, but it only works if I open the content in a new window.

From Fioriclient, I simply called the Portal URL and it works now just like it does in any other mobile browser. Unfortunately the new window is a problem that I am facing now.

Regards,

Vinay

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

man,  now you are talking something totally different from what you were asking......

vinay_baji2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

I understand . My main intention was to provide users Fiori on mobile and yet input only their portal credentials. That, is achieved now .

Regards,

Vinay

roman_loshevsky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like the same question already answered in http://scn.sap.com/thread/3508204

The solution is SSO.

BR,
Roman.

vinay_baji2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Thank you for the link. I see that the link there discusses about establishing SSO between Portal and Gateway. Although we are on Portal 7.4 Sp06, we were able to establish SSO with portal  and gateway. However, through this approach, we are only able to access Fiori Dashboard via portal.

What I seek though is the other way round,  i.e. if I use the Fiori Client in my mobile to access my Fiori Dashboard, it should accept my Portal credentials. Couldn't find a solution for this approach.

Have a missed anything by any chance?

roman_loshevsky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should work with SSO.
Please check this SAP note 2104285

The fix provided for 7.40 SP09 (in PORTAL BASIS 7.40 SP09 patch 7)
Best regards,
Roman.

vinay_baji2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately we are on Portal SP06 and the dashboard content does not load within the portal framework for URL iview. Fioriclient does not seem to be allowing a new window

I am trying to somehow check if i can make the content appear within the portal framework.

Regards,

Vinay