cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display account field within sales quote header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a new extesion field in account, and would like to have it also in sales quote.

I know I can extend it with extension scenarios, but i want to have the extact same field in sales quote, so if I change the field at the account, the change will be reflected to all sales quote of that account.

using workflow isn't an option since the update can only happen after the sales quote was modifyed, and i need it to be reflected even without any modification was made to the quote.

any ideas?

Thaks,

Dror

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a "process extension scenario". Add the field to the master data and go to further usage as if you are to add the field to the API. If a PES is available in standard it will show that you can add the field to the transaction objects too. This will basically add he extension field to the transaction objects and so when you create the transaction for that account, it will copy the field maintained in the account into the transaction. This also applies to PES scenarios between transaction objects too.

If a PES is not available then create one in SDK which is a simple low effort task by a sdk consultant.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Dror

I think you need PDI for this - I've asked a colleague - but I just tried in HTML5 and Silverlight and didn't see how to add it using the adaptation tools - but you can do this with the SDK.

- maybe you know of a way to do this with adaptation tools? 

-ginger

AnkushPashine
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dror ,

The Sales Quote is transaction data ,which will pick value from the master data (either via SAP delivered field OR Extension field).

But it will not reflect the changes in an existing transaction data on making certain changes(later on) within Master data i.e. Account in your scenario as this is not expected behavior.

Best Regards,

Ankush.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush

Can't I add to the quote a field based on db-join to the account ID?

AnkushPashine
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hello Dror,

My reply was referring to Field- Value Change ,sorry for confusion .Maybe you can wait for other experts to reply on your query related to database join ,as i am not sure about it.

Regards,

Ankush.