cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personnel Administration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can anyone tell me how the system will know, if the acion we are doing is for hiring, termination , separation etc,

I know at the time of Infogroup, we assign Operations like, INS for HIRING, COPY, DEL etc.

Other than this what is the difference between the different actions types.

Regards

Janes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jane

If you look at the below screen shot which i have shared,  see the column FC and Check.. which clearly indicates to the system what kind of action it is.. Just press F1 you will easily come to know.

Here for hiring in my system FC is 1 which tells the system it is the First hiring.. Check is empty ,

Then for Rehiring FC is 0 which tells the system is other actions but MSN21 we have given which says it is for re-entry..

For termination FC is 0 Emplyment status should be 0 and MSN20 is used which tells for withdrawl

Hope you understand from this..

this is the way it works

Thanks

Sriram

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

If your query is answered please close the thread by marking correct and helpful answers .

thanks

Sriram

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Remi, dynamic actions can create/update infotypes.

If the dynamic action is say for IT 8, then the employee data maintenance module processes the dynamic actions; if the "P" checks result in True condition, the actions with function char "I" will be completed at the end of the personnel action.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Sriram Tamil, one important element of an Action are the parameters set for each Action.

You define these parameters in table T529A, such as what "Status" will be used on IT0000 (for STAT1 to STAT3) or the InfoGroup each Action will be using.

In the InfoGroup, you decide what Infotypes will be presented during the Action, in what order and through what command (INS, COP, DEL, etc...)

Note that some other Infotypes could be called through Dynamic Actions.

To make matters even more complicated, the list of Infotypes that appear during an Action can even be different depending on the User Group, and there are other elements that could define a difference between some Actions.

If you have access to the IMG (t-code = spro), check the documentation (and the tables) under

Personnel Management > Personnel Administration > Customizing Procedures > Actions

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Action types are configured by a consultant, Depends on the requirement i.e business process we will have to use operations INS, COP, DEL usually we do not have master data at intial stage we go for INS further we go for other operations depends on the requirement.

I hope you understand it can be decided wrt business process and other action types which were executed to earlier to perform or maintain info types.

Let say 0000 is created for an employee now we can go for "COP" since necesary details were maintained while hiring now we can copy it maintain master data wrt to validity periods.

Similarly we should consider for other action types as well while configuring.

Regards

Venkatesh

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

and also if you give F1 for each screen you come to know how it works and how system recognizes it..

Hope you find some clue with my response.

Thanks

Sriram

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

Please close the thread by giving helpful and correct answers incase if your query is answered, if not you can ignore my message.

Thanks

Sriram