cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I generate Smartforms preview? Urgent , thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

smartforms is quite a new topic for me. But I need some urgent help

The project i am working in is using a smartform to generate xml file as input to a printer manager programm / department.

I am doing some design of the text  , title and column etc in the smartform.

my question is, how i can create a preview in Transaction "SMARTFORMS" ? i assume there must be a way to create a preview of smartforms to see the layout of information like header, position, title etc.

I tried already to "test" the smartforms , it leads me to se37 and call the Fucntion Module. I carried it out by choosing a local printer or LOCL as printer.

In SP01 I can find the print order, if i choose print, I can generate a PDF , but inside there is only one line of XML

<smartxsf xmlns = "urn:sap-com:smartforms:2000:xsf"><header><gernal><version>

Does anyone can tell how i can test my smartform in an easy way , just to see if the changes for example the column name ( title ) is made correctly?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need a driver program to do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do u mean by drivier programm ? could u specify that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Every smartform comes with a driver program.

It is the ABAP program written in SE38 that calls the smartform. Usually, the driver program populates the values that will be displayed in the form.

Upon calling the smartform in the program, it will give the user an option to preview the form together with the values provided by the program itself.

Refer to the diagram in this link for you to further understand.

https://www.sapnuts.com/courses/core-abap/smartforms/sap-smartforms.html

Best,

Ced