SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSW for fleeting locations

Former Member
0 Kudos

The customer I am working for loads barges at a vendor location and sends them along the river to own warehouse locations or straight to customer locations.  This is all regular TSW.

But some of the barges don’t go to either places and are sent to fleeting locations were they are parked waiting for the decision to go to a customer or a warehouse location.

The customer wants to know which barges are in transit to the fleeting location and which barges are already parked at the fleeting location waiting for a new destination.

Which is the best way to model this in TSW?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically do you need a report which gives information of in transit/parked barges (Vehicles)?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically do you need a report which gives information of in transit/parked barges (Vehicles)?

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You are right, basically what the customer needs is a report to give information on the barge positions along the river and on the ones which are parked and how much "inventory" is parked.

My first thought was to create the fleeting location as a locations and transfer the material to the location.  But this means more work to the user and the usage of batch or handling units not to loose the barge information.

A report tracking barges along the transport system would be enough.

I thought on using Event Management for this tracking.  Any better ideas/suggestions?

BRs,

Vargas