cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO 7.4, Single Stck: Migration WS-RM Adpater from 7.31 DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo

I've been through a lot of Docs on the SCN and seem to have lost track completely.

We have the following Setup:

We are currently having a PI 7.31 Double Stack.

Using that, we provide Webservices to 3rd Party Systems using the ABAP based WS-Adapter.

Transport Protocol is HTTP, Message Protocol is WS.

Authentication in SAML 1.1 (Sender Vouches).

(RM: ist set to WS-RM 2005/09, Protocol WS-A)

The username, which the 3rd Party provides, is a Windows-AD Username, so either DOMAIN\USER oder USER@DOMAIN, which does

not exist in the PI.

This user is mapped to an existing SAP-Username (a technical user) in the ABAP-Stack using the USREXTID mechanism.

This Setup has to be transferred to a Java Only PO 7.4

A few Questions:

1. Which Adapter has to be used (SOAP) or WS_AAE  The SAP built in Migration tool converted the WS-Channel to SOAP, but I am not sure if this is correct.

2. What are the recommended Settings for the required Adapter

3. How is that usermapping done on JAVA-Systems

Thanks for any help

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Have you got the solution for this?

Even I am getting similar same error:

"com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.exception.CPALookupException: Channel object configured for adaptertype WS_AAE"

please help!

Regards

Janki Narayanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry for the delay. We had to migrate other things first, so this issue went out of focus.

The adapter settings are pretty simple.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Could you please give some screen shots and steps of your config so that i can help check for you

Cheers,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Please find below answers to your queries:

1. You may use both WS_AAE or SOAP. WS_AAE was introduced with the recent SP for PI 7.4. The migration tool will convert a WS channel to SOAP.

2. If using WS_AAE, you will be able to retain most of the settings as your earlier WS ABAP.

3. The user can be created in SAP PI Java UME and roles similar to the ones you had assigned earlier on ABAP can be given

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siriam

We tried that, but getting the following Java Error, when trying to use the channel:

ADAPTER.JAVA_EXCEPTION

com.sap.aii.af.Service.cpa.impl.exception.CPALookupException: Channel object configured for adaptertype WS_AAE|http://sap.com/xi(XI/Sysstem, instead of SOAP|http://sap.com/xi/XI/System

SOAP-UI 5.0 is used as testing tool

Regards

Thomas