Did you mean: 

Unable to start project on streaming server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying out the Smart Data Streaming – Freezer Monitoring Tutorial

While running the streaming project I am getting the below error :

In the console it shows :

Failed call to:https://hdbhost:57398/RPC2 (Failed to read server's response: hdbhost)

Please help me to get this issue resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Manisha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The most common reason for a failed RPC call is that the port being used isn't open. In this case that would be port 57398. Each streaming project requires 3 ports which are the Command port, SQL port and Gateway port. By default these ports are allocated dynamically when the project is started. That works great for servers on an internal LAN where all ports are open.

Is your HANA server running on a cloud server with only limited ports open?

If so, then take a look at this blog post on how to specifically assign the ports to be used by the project:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thanks for replying.

Yes, my HANA server is running on cloud server(AWS).

I have set the ports of my streaming project according to the blog provided by you and opened the ports in the AWS as well but still getting the same error.

I am from SAP and in the India time zone, but could dial in to suit your time if you feel this needs a call or a screen share.

Thanks and Regards,

Manisha

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The issue now is most likely that the project instance you started earlier is still running. The sledgehammer way to stop it is to stop and restart the SDS server node using HDB stop/HDB start. Alternatively you can specifically just stop the streaming project using the streamingclusteradmin tool, which again runs on the SDS server node. If you haven't started working with the streamingclusteradmin tool yet, then it will be a lot simpler to just restart the SDS server.

The 3rd option would be to temporarily open all IP ports on the AWS host. That would let Studio connect to the running project. Studio should then be able to connect to the running project so that you can shut it down. You could then close the extra IP ports on your AWS host.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert ,

Thanks for your support.

The issue got resolved by adding the following line to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

<ip address of server hostname>     <hostname>

Thanks & Regards,

Manisha Meena

Answers (0)