cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining Ticket Queues/Teams for Employee Central - C4C Integration

sathishg
Explorer
0 Kudos

This question is related projects where we integrate SFSF Employee Central to C4C for Employee Support functionality. My understanding is that Queues or Teams are driven by the org units. Is this assumption correct or is there a way to create queues and teams and have a user part of multiple queues or teams. I know this is a very basic question but we may have a potential issue for the Employee Central Service center integration where we replicate employees and org units from EC to C4C. The customer wants to have queues per their internal employee support processes and way they are currently organized. The org units employees currently belong to in EC does not help them. So, we end up creating a separate org structure in C4C to accommodate this. However the point to point integration between EC and C4C does not allow mapping of employees to org units and also we cannot manually make changes to employees since this gets locked down due to the integration being turned on. Regards, Sathish Ganesan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Currently we are integrating Employee Central to C4C point to point. We tried to replicate employee using mass upload option, due to master data issue we are not able to replicate the employee from EC to C4C staging area, so we are trying to replicate employees using Individual upload option and tried to replicate all the employees available in the particular organisation unit and all of them are in error due to Report Line unit not replicated. We see there are no entries in Reporting Line Unit work centre. Kindly guide on your past experience of replicating employees from EC to C4C.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks & Regards

Vijay S B

sathishg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please look for the EC to C4C replication guide - C4S_SFSF_EC_1511.pdf. You may also find the 1602 version. Tis will explain how to replicate employees. Basically you will have to  run the RLU replication after the employee replication and then run the Replicate All.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Thanks for your quick response. Currently we are referring to 1602 standard SAP document. We are replicating Employees via individual upload and did replicate all, then we tried to replicate Reporting Line Unit through RLU work  centre to replicate RLU for the employees but we are not able to see any entries there. So we are not sure why there are no entries in RLU work centre. Kindly provide your inputs on the above problem.

Thanks & Regards

Vijay S B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Currently we are facing same issue while replication employee from EC to c4c. Could you please advice if you have got the solution ?

Regards

Nitin

sathishg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin, Unless I look into your system I will not be able to tell you what may be going wrong. There may be issues with EC setup as well. The best way to solve this issue is by logging a ticket in C4C. Please see this site for resources on ECSC solution. EC to C4C employee replication is a point to point integration and no  via HCI. This is my understanding. https://wiki.wdf.sap.corp/wiki/display/BYDES/C4C+Employee+Central+Service+Center-+Integration+Scenar...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin, Are you able to access the contents of the link provided by Sathish.. I am unable to access this external. Looks like it is SAP internal. Please check & let me know   https://wiki.wdf.sap.corp/wiki/display/BYDES/C4C+Employee+Central+Service+Center-+Integration+Scenar...

Thanks

With Best Regards

Nageshwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish, I am unable to access the contents of the link you provided..Looks like it is SAP internal. Is there a way to access this external.. or to download the file.. Please advise.. https://wiki.wdf.sap.corp/wiki/display/BYDES/C4C+Employee+Central+Service+Center-+Integration+Scenar...

Thanks

With Best Regards

Nageshwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best practice is to setup both HR orgs (for approval processes) and Territories (for queueing and routing).

To your point, your HR org will rarely change, but how you route and organize work will change as you optimize service ops. The territory management feature allows you to assign work independent of the HR org to provide this flexibility, but more importantly give the HR LoB complete control how they want to change and optimize service ops without having to go to IT to change the HR org.

sathishg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rei,

Can you please elaborate on your last statement. ' give the HR LoB complete control how they want to change and optimize service ops without having to go to IT to change the HR org'.

I am not able to assign the service agent employees to other org units since this becomes read only once we turn on EC-C4C integration.

-Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is exactly my point. The "org" is to define the HR reporting line structure that is typically defined in a ERP system.

How you work is usually different to how you are organized from a HR reporting line structure. Thus you would define the org in C4C to what is typically the HR reporting line structure. This would allow simple reporting line reporting as well as any approval processes that require some sort of "chain of command" approval process where it is defined by the HR reporting line structure.

This HR reporting line rarely changes unless you are a company that "reorgs" often.

Thus the service territories allow you to define groups of people which represents how you work (by skill, by region, by team, etc...). The service territories are hierarchical and an employee can be assigned to more than one territory providing maximum flexibility and is meant to be a non IT/business key user person to define this setup (and experiment/change it frequently), whereas if you use org based work distribution and setup ERP org replication and employee replication is clearly an IT responsibility and all of the compliance overhead (and consequently the lack of speed) whenever you make any change to a ERP system. The HR LoB can define their territories however they want the employees to be organized and create territory rules to assign the work to the territories all in C4C without getting IT involved.