cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically assignment of service Ticket to agents !!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one requirement that once ticket creates in the SAP C4C system from all the source(FB,twitter, email , etc.) , it will automatically assigned to agents. Like if there is 100 ticket and 10 agent , than system automatically assign equal number of tickets to 10 agents.i.e equal distribution of tickets among all agents automatically.

Please suggest , how this object can be achieved.

Thanks,

Ravi Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

You can achieve this requirement by setting up queues with service Territory management and Get Next Ticket assignment of tickets. Define a hierachy of territories, territory routing/assignment rules to route the tickets to the right territory, assign employee(s) to the territories, and "Get Next Ticket" rules. The Get Next Ticket rules will define what is the next ticket the agent can pull from the queue. This way the agents are not "Cherry Picking" the easy tickets from the queue, but instead the solution will auto assign the next unassigned ticket from the queue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rei for reply,

Is there any way to automatically assignment of ticket to all agents equally irrespective of any condition ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. What you are asking for is "round robin load balancing" assignment which is not available today. You could create that auto assignment logic in SDK, which gets complex as you do need to consider different operational requirements such as "presence" (knowing when an agent is logged in or not to accept assignment of tickets), re-assignment if the agent doesn't finish processing the assigned tickets (when the agent goes on break, lunch, end of day and has tickets still unprocessed), and configuration of how many tickets auto assigned to agent, etc...

Thus a more simple solution is Get Next Ticket, where it is a "trickle feed" assignment where only 1 ticket is auto assigned to the agent at a time.

You define queues, route tickets to the queues, setup access restrictions so that the "universal" queue an agent has access to is all of the tickets that agent "should" process, "get next ticket" rules to define what order/sequence the agent is automatically assigned a ticket from the universal queue, and end user analytics/dashboards to show the agent how many tickets they have processed compared to operational KPIs service management defines what is acceptable performance or not.

The reason why you do "load balancing" is more psychological for agents as they can easily see how fast they are processing tickets and what service management expects the agent to process, since as an agent you are assigned a block of tickets and only get more tickets once you finished the block of tickets.

You can achieve similar agent behavior as long as the analytics are setup to show the agent their performance compared to KPIs which can be done with the C4C dashboards and kpis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rei,

I am really thankful for your kind help.

Can you please suggest what are all the steps required in SDK to achieve above objective.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

At a highlevel, it would require these developments which would be high effort

1. Custom object that tracks agents that are logged in or not, available or not and a UI to allow agent to set their presence

2. Custom object that is a controller object that will query the Service Request BO to get a list of unassigned tickets and temporarily store a reference of which tickets to assign

3. Custom MDRO batch job the reads the controller object to assign the tickets to the employees logged in

4. Custom object that is a preferences object that will define how often the batch job runs, how many tickets to assign per logged in employee, and when tickets should be reassigned if they are not acted upon

5. Custom action that would unassigned tickets from the logged in user when they set their presence to "end of day" etc...

An experienced SDK developer should be able to develop this, but as I stated earlier would be high effort.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rei,

Your help is really appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welcome.

This requirement could be done as an extension app to be built on HCP or your app dev platform of choice and you just call the C4C APIs to get the tickets, update the tickets, etc... and all of the logic to define who is logged in, which tickets to assign, reassign the tickets can be done in another platform.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rei,

I have a problem with Get next ticket functionality in C4C. I configured system to assigned ticket to the Team to which the agent belongs (My team Queue). I also added two fileds for sorting: Priority and Last Change Date Time. Organization structure for Service org. in tenant is hierarchical. The main node is called ‘Service’ and there are two child node: ‘Internal Service Team ’ and ‘External Service Team’.

I have a user which belongs to ‘External Service Team’. But when this user choose Get next ticket button, system assigned to him tickets from other Team –‘Internal Service Team’. As you wrote: 'system should auto assign the next unassigned ticket from the user queue' and this user don’t have a tickets from ‘Internal Service Team’ in his Queue.

Please, let me know that this is a correct behavior? Do you have any ideas why this work like that?

regards

Ewa

Answers (0)