cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine current number of open processing jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working with an older code base which I suspect is not closing reports properly. Due to the design of the application it isn't easy to fix the architecture to prevent this sort of thing from happening in the short term. In the mean time I was hoping there was a way to check how many open processing jobs there are so that I can go through the application and identify what actions and behaviors may be causing the number of jobs to increase.

I've done a number of Google searches on the subject but I did not find any documentation which would point me to acquiring this number. I have seen examples of creating a custom reporting pool but unfortunately that would be difficult to implement and probably just drag out the time it's going to take to fix the problem for good.

So can anyone recommend some resources on determining how many processing jobs exist in the ReportAppServer? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Spencer,

Moved your post to the BI .NET SDK forum.

Would help to know what version of BOE you are using?

Properties of the RAS server should tell you how many jobs are in use. Look at them through the CMC.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think BOE is installed. Or is that possible? In any case I don't know how to load the CMC.

0 Kudos

OK so need a lot more info on which SDK you are using?

CR for VS RAS is a single process, 3 job's max. Jobs rarely take very long so it's really not clear what you are looking for.

Don

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, there are no APIs around that, so there's no way to get to that information.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have a link to some documentation that states this?