cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offending command: SAPencode Postscript driver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone knows what Offending command: SAPencode means? I have tried to find notes about or SCN discussions but no luck for me.

In the attached file you can see the output I get from the printer.

Greets,

Markus ter Haar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAPencode is a PS function defined in PostScript device types of SAP (e.g. POST2) , SAPencode is used for ABAP list and OTF printing (SAPscript, Smart Forms).

If you run SPAD to view the contents of spool formats DINA4 or X_65_80  for POST2 device type, you can find this so-called "Postcript prolog"  in action "Printer Initialization".

I assume you created a spool request which is missing this prolog because the request uses a spooler format  + device type combination where this prolog is not defined.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your answer, this helps me to look at the right place. When I look at the device type I see no defined "" (see screenshot).

Do you know how to define this? Is there standard I can use and adjust it to my own needs?

Greets,

Markus ter Haar

alexander_bolloni
Contributor

That's the problem.

If it is a Postscript device type, try to use the init action from POST2's DINA4 format.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Thats it. Now I don't get the "Offending command: SAPencode" anymore. Now I get "Offending command: image. There must be something wrong with one of the images in the smartform. I will have a look.

Thanks for your help.

Geets,

Markus ter Haar

somkek001
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Realize this post is old... trying my luck...

"If it is a Postscript device type, try to use the init action from POST2's DINA4 format."

How to do this? Is it a matter of copy and paste lines of code from one device type into the other? Could you elaborate on this please?

I am trying to help a customer presenting this exact same SAPencode problem. I don't have a sap system to work with and I want to be as specific as possible with the instructions I provide.

Thanks a bunch!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saw your posted answer. Please raise a new question and follow our rules of engagement: https://community.sap.com/resources/rules-of-engagement. The author of the original question is no longer active in the community and won't receive your query. Feel free to take our Q&A tutorial at: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html. With these tips you'll be able to prepare questions that draw responses from our members.

Best,
Your SAP Community moderator

somkek001
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I realize this post is very old... but trying my luck. If somebody could elaborate on the solution that would help me out.

I should run SPAD, OK

I should view the contents of DINA4 in my device type. OK

I should find the action called "Printer Initialization" and inside this action I will find a function called "Postscript prolog" which I will need to activate ? This is where I'm struggling a bit ...

Thanks!

Answers (0)