cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP LVM hosts status update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a scenario where DB was restarted of LVM  and the status of all the host agents are not  updated even after 2 hours , if we manually go to operations->hosts and click on Refresh monitoring data the status is turning green .

Is there any process to have automate to refresh status of the hosts for every 5 min.

Please suggest,

Thanks,

Subhash.G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andreas_holzapfel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

just to be sure: So you did restart the DB of the NW Java where SAP LVM is running on? Was it a planned restart together with the AS Java or did your DB more or less crash?

I'm asking because once the connection between SAP LVM and the Host Agents is established SAP LVM will know when hosts go up or down without any manual (or scheduled) status refresh.

Are you or is one of your colleages attending SAP TechEd Las Vegas this week? We would be happy to meet you there.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

In our LVM system we observer " Dynamic SQL statement text:

DELETE FROM "BC_VC_METR_REC_MIN" WHERE "TIME_STAMP" < ? " is causing huge archives and causing DB issues.

We are not able to trace out what is causing this, so as a last option we have clean restart and stopped all LVM house cleaning jobs .

Now after the restart none of the hosts in Operations-> hosts have a the status update and all are in " status not monitored " status.

I have re trigger the  LVM jobs now   .

Thanks,

Subhash.G

andreas_holzapfel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

sorry, we were kind of busy with the TechEd events. Do you still experience this statement to cause you trouble? In that case I want to ask you to open up a ticket so DEV can take over.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are able to fix the issue  by manually running the Delete  query  from DB2 .

Andreas : We are implementing 2.1  now and  checking on RKS implementation we are on standard license with enterprise components installed.

Can you confirm does RKS works in standard license LVM 2.1 SP4 edition, If yes can you point to me any steps we followed help.sap and getting errors  .

Thanks,

Subhash.G

andreas_holzapfel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subharsh,

great to hear that. I would recommend to go directly for SAP LVM 2.1 SP05 right now applying the latest patches.

The RKS feature of SAP LVM is an Enterprise Feature which requires you to have licensed the SAP LVM Enterprise Edition.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas, I was following this tread and would like you advise on something. We stop LVM server and host and bought it back up. When the system came back up we did not have any green and no monitoring was working for any servers. I had to manually go to each server and turn on monitoring. Can you help me to understand what are the steps when rebooting the LVM server and starting it back up again. How do I get LVM to start monitoring everything automatically.

Thanks

Don

andreas_holzapfel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

can you tell a bit about the SAP NetWeaver setup "below" your SAP LVM? Do you have a Setup with multiple instances?

Best,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas, We are running NW JAVA 7.5 under VM Linux. We have a VM/Linux Hana DB and a VM/Linux App server. We have two problems.

1. When rebooting the LVM server how do we get the Manages systems back to green?

What are the steps when stopping and restarting the LVM system do to the manage systems are back to green

Right not when we bring LVM  back up all the systems are gray. What are we missing?

2. On Hana multi node systems LVM give timeout when stopping the Hana DB?

I have two SAP messages out for each of these problems. But have not had much luck  with SAP response.

SAP Message Numbers

1. 192646/2016

2. 293193/2016

andreas_holzapfel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

thanks for sharing some Information on the background. What I wanted to get clarified is whether your SAP NetWeaver AS Java consists of multiple server nodes.

This behaviour is not intended, no. Does your SAP LVM stay in this status for quite some time? How long did you wait before refreshing the host status manually?

Thanks for telling about the tickets you opened. I just had a look at them and they seem to be on track - no worries.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

SIngle node Java. And we waited over a day before I decided to manually reinitialize. But my question is. Was I suppose to do something before shutting down LVM? Like exporting config and reimporting? Or is there a job that runs which reconnect the systems? What is the process when you have to restart the LVM server?

Thanks.

andreas_holzapfel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

can you tell what the actual monitory error message says and whether the monitoring job is running? If the latter is not the case you only get a Status update when clicking on "refresh Monitoring data" and not subsequently.

If you assume a timeout problem to be the root issue you can increase the SAP LVM timeout values for connecting to its managed instances here:

Setup à Settings à Monitoring à Expert mode

Time Interval for Refreshing Host Monitoring Data [seconds]:

Time Interval for Refreshing Instance Monitoring Data [seconds]:

Time Interval for Refreshing Inventory Monitoring Data [seconds]:

Did that improve your situation?

Best,

Andreas