cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organisation Structure for 2 different company

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

we have two company (1001,1002), 1001 have own org strucutre with version 01, and we created new org structure for new company 1002 with version 02,(for new numbering of org unit, job, position), we created the org unit, job & position and completed the hiring also with version 02(new hiring process for 1002 company),but i am facing the problem if we are we tried to hire the employees from old company(1001 & the org version 01), when we tried to hire the old position.

how can activate both org version same time or have any other way to create 2 org unit for 2 comapny in same version.?

Note:--> can use the old position in new company code, emp grp, emp sub grp is same for both company and position also will be same.?

Thanks in Advance.

Rehan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bashir_Hussain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohmmad,

Which i understand from your query and business scenarios, that you have two company codes like as (1001-ABC Company) and (1002-XYZ Company), so here you want to depict organizational structure for companies individually which represents each company, (Correct me if i am getting it wrong )

As for i know its not big deal:

Solution is simple u just create two different org structure:

1001 - ABC Company Structure

• HR Department
    • HR Assistant
  • Finance Department
    • Accountant
  • IT Department
    • Computer programmer

1002 - XYZ Company Structure

• HR Department
    • HR Assistant
  • Finance Department
    • Accountant
  • IT Department
    • Computer programmer

In this situation you can control your structure through org structure authorization profile:

Never fix your positions in org structure with company code then you can able to hire employee any of the company code, for your information company code is already assigned with employee master data via personnel area with company code assignment.

Hope this idea will help you out

Regards:

Bashir Ahmad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have only one plan version active at any time.

Standard practice is to play around one or more trial versions of org structure.  See what OU's are required, roles, costs, etc.  Then activate one version.

OU's, positions, etc can be renamed from the new version's active date, if this is more expedient.

One position can be in one OU only.

PA's/PSA's, EG/ESG are not impacted, unless new ones are required, keeping in mind what a PA/PSA or EG/ESG is for (refer to relevant help info in IMG).

People can be re-assigned to other OU's/roles using mass changes with LSMW or similar tools. 

Always remember forming Org Structure, PA/PSA structure or EG/ESG structure is not a simple task.

On the PA side, changes would involve a significant changes in config, testing, UAT, etc.

Often HR/Payroll request for new ESG's and it is the functional consultant's responsibility to analyse and question such requests and look for alternative solutions and do a cost-benefit analysis where applicable, (e.g., creating a new pay scale group, instead of a new ESG; this is far more simpler to implement and maintain).  Then recommend the best alternative with the relevant rationale; it is still however left for the client (who is HR, Payroll, etc), to decide.