cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading file fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in need of assistance within BPC 10.1 Net Weaver.

I started a project, and last week had to split the information in one dimension, into two separate dimensions, ever since then, the load file will upload but when I run the import package, it keeps failing, the transformation and conversion file were both edited after the split was made within the dimensions.

however, now to add on, when I open my reports, and click "refresh", it says there is a error is refresh details, as shown in the attached file below.

Thank You,

Chantal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but you simply not providing info to help you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I'm not sure as to what info is needed, please

firstly i need help with on how to fix the refreshing of my reports, as it doesn't want to refresh at all,

secondly is with the load file, the import package keeps failing, and don't understand why, because the transformation, and conversion files are both validated.

Thanks

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All info, including both dimensions! SP info for BW and BPC. What you have done to split the dimension... etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

initially, I had one dimension called "Entity" which consisted of both plant items and entity items., the spilt came about to create the "Plant" dimension as well. before the spilt took place, my data loaded, and the transformation file was validated, and the import package ran successful,. I noticed that in order to delete in the "Entity" dimension, I had to delete my "Interco" dimension first, it was linked to the "entity" dimension. once I deleted the "Interco' dimension, I then started deleting the plant items in the "entity" dimension.,  once that was done, saved and processed. I then went on to create the new 'plant" dimension.. I then went to the load file, and separated the "entity" column, thus creating the "plant" column. I saved the copy of new updated load file. from the new load file I copied and pasted in the "plant" dimension, then save and processed. and my "Interco' dimension was then re-created, saved and processed.

I then updated the transformation. , the only time I used SAP BW, was to do a back up at the end of each day or a restore of the file the next morning.

once the load file was edited, and save, I had uploaded, and then I validated my transformation file with the load file, a few errors were picked up, and I had edited and fixed my conversation file to., errors kept coming up, and it was a repetition of the same error, however it was fixed, and could not understand why its still coming up. the type of error that would come up is to mention that a specific plant does not exist, yet it did in the dimension, and it was shown on the excel sheet under context members.

when I had to run the package to import the load file, it failed a few times, so I  ran a lite optimize on the model, and through BW also to clear data. and I re-uploaded, I then validated my transformation file, first on its own, then I validated with the flat file, and errors are still coming up, only thing is those recurring errors are fixed. it was complaining that certain plant items didn't exists.

I then created a flat file of only two items to see when I load data, and run the package, it still failed, with a list of errors.

later on, when I opened my reports, and clicked "refresh", it wouldn't allow. the image is attached,

and till now I am also unable to create a new report., it says error(general epm error).

Thank You

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but you provided a lot of text without any real screenshot/sample file. And at the end I can see only "few errors were picked up, and I had edited and fixed my conversation file to., errors kept coming up"

Impossible to help. Start from new model and try to isolate your issues!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vadim,

one last question,

would you know is it possible, on creating a new model, and if I restore into the new model, would that work?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"would you know is it possible, on creating a new model, and if I restore into the new model, would that work?" - sorry, I do not understand your idea! Restore what?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been taking back-ups at the end of each day, of the model with all work done for the day, so if I create a new model, I want to know would it be possible to just restore the back-up file into the new model by using SAP BW?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"taking back-ups at the end of each day" - how do you perform backup/restore?

How can you restore data if you changed the dimension structure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vadim,

Im very much new to SAP, so I don't know much,,

the way I have been restoring and taking back-ups is through SAP gui.

That is why im asking if it would be possible to restore onto a new model

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"the way I have been restoring and taking back-ups is through SAP gui" - UJBR? or?

Please spend some time reading basic BPC documentation... Looks like you have issues with terms...

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Splitting a dimension, as you may know by now, is not a trivial task.  Let's check if all master data are correctly configured before loading any data.

Before opening a report and refreshing please execute all the programs that clear the cached information.  These are programs that start with UJXO_CLEAN.  After you log into EPM Add-in execute Tools->More->Clean Metadata Cache

Then open a report and refresh.  If you get an error please attach the screen print.  I didn't find it in your previous update.

Regards,

Leila