Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IQ Cockpit - Chrome & Firefox error "ERR_SSL_WEAK_SERVER_EPHEMERAL_DH_KEY"

stefano_bolli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

installing last browsers upgrades I was unable to access the SAP IQ cockpit (version IQ 16.08 PL35).

The problem is showed both using Chrome (version 46.0.2490.80 m) and Firefox (versione 41.0.2) while all continue working in MsExplorer.

Both Chrome and Firefox report the following error: "ERR_SSL_WEAK_SERVER_EPHEMERAL_DH_KEY".

I known that some workaround (browser side) are available like described here: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2192621 for another SAP product.

However my idea is to fix, if it is possible, the issue server side forcing cockpit tu use a stronger cipher algorithm.

I found the solution for other SAP products () , but using the provided informations I am not able to apply that solution also to the cockpit case.

Do you have a specific step-by-step fix procedure for IQ Cockpit issue?

Best regards,
Stefano

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

This is also another alternative. Start up Chrome with the following parameter:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --cipher-suite-blacklist=0x0088,0x0087,0x0039,0x0038,0x0044,0x0045,0x0066,0x0032,0x0033,0x0016,0x0013

0 Kudos

Please try and see if
http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2190942 helps.

Regards
Harpreet

stefano_bolli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, 

the link that you proposed uses the same approach of the SAP Note that I put in the ticket.

Both of them propose fix browser side and not server side as I am looking for.

Thank you,

Stefano

0 Kudos

The fix on the IQ Cockpit server side is in the works and will be available in a future release, until then please use the workaround.

Regards
Harpreet

stefano_bolli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for informations...let me known when it will be available.

Regards,
Stefano

0 Kudos

The fix is available on the download site - IQ 16 SP 08 PL 38 and IQ 16 SP 10 PL 06, depending on the SP you are on.

Regards

Harpreet