cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCode NWBC doesn't work on SAPGUI for windows when it is opened through portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue that is quite strange. Our SAP Portal 7.4 SP4 is integrated to GRC 11 using Portal logical system object.

My need was to create a SAPGUI for windows link on portal which will open a SAPGUI application in its own new window(not a browser window). I achieved this by creating SAP transaction iView and selecting SAPGUI for windows with TCode SMEN using GRC system alias. Everything worked fine and it behaves as per need and the new SAPGUI window can open any Tcode screen but only NWBC. On typing NWBC it does nothing and no entry in the log file either is generated to investigate the issue. When I go to backend via SAPLogon pad to GRC and then type NWBC it opens NWBC browser fine. So it means there is something in SAPGUI for windows application which is blocking/stopping NWBC browser to open while going through portal OR there may be something else to look into.

Did anybody face the similar issue under my current scenario?

I will appreciate for any suggestion or ideas.

Thanks,

Navaid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this issue resolved? Can you update us and post the resolution if any? We are also encountering same issue.

Regards,

Sid

skvallabhaneni1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Navaid,

We are facing the same issue. Can you please help us if it is resolved.

Regards

V. Suresh Kumar

liang2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. V. Suresh Kumar

Please refer to below SAP note: 2242076 - SAPShortcut: /nsmen cannot be started even though no start transaction is defined in the system

Please apply GUI 740 patch 6 and perform a new test.

Best Regards

Liang

0 Kudos

I get the same error from a 7.31 SPS 14 portal using 7.40 Patch 7 of the Windows GUI.  We also get it in 7.31 SPS 14 with 7.30 Patch 8.  We did not get this in 7.30 SPS 08.

MAIN MODULE INFORMATION:

saplogon.exe

SAP Logon for Windows

740 Final Release