cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in PO Print Preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing an issue during PO Print Preview (using Smart forms for taking PO printout), system showing an error message - Sytem message 042 from work area SSFCOMPOSER does not exist.

Please suggest the solution..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

abo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know this is an old question but it comes up often and I have yet to see a comprehensive explanation, so here is my attempt: the first error is distracting, SAP is just telling us that there is no text 042 to display. We only know there is an error with this code, though there is no matching description in the SSFCOMPOSER message class. Annoying but not a showstopper.

If we debug the print process, we end up here: this is the point where the window overflows the maximum limit of 100.000 twips, a funny unit which translated to slightly less than 6 A4 pages of text.

Crucially, the exact amount of text required for overflowing depends on the paragraph type, specifically on the interline distance and the font size. If you're properly motivated, you can squeeze quite a lot of extra text by choosing a smaller font and line distance.

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This need to be resolved by Abaper.. you print may be going out of borders or system not able move the data..or text to 2nd page .. ask your abaper to fix the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even I am making the simple PO with no extra Text in it, how it it possible?

Data is not going on 2nd page OR not any changes in Smart-form recently. Before couple of days, all type of POs was printing well.

Please suggest more.

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can not debug ,you to ask your abaper to fix it.. no other possible solution.. check your printer and borders setting.. but abaper can only resolve it

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your smart forms have the main and secondary windows, these windows consists tables and templates. If any of the data contained by these windows exceeded the limit you might get this error. Better you check with your Abaper as well I referred few threads which explaining the same issue.