cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP LT and transactional data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i´ve been checking some of the scenarios covered in SAP LT and i have not seen a clear reference about what is happening with transactional data and other master data.

For example, in a material rename i have not seen in the training material any reference to what happen with all data relevant to PM, PP, QM where material numbers can appear...is it an assumption that material is changed there as well? Is this scenario covering material document tables, POs, STOs, Sales orders as well

Something similar to customer/vendor merge/change  , all the transactional stuff is changed , even historical? Are hierarchies  changed as well? In the event of a merge for customers in different branches, do we need to perform a manual assigment of the merged value?

This is a first bunch of questions but i miss a document where all the data objects changed, deleted or merged appear in order to understand the final outcome of a SAP LT scenario application.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jensen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Rodriguez,

The E2E scenarios within SAP LT as e.g. Material number rename or Customer/Vendor merge are based on the Conversion approach.

Conversion means: changing all relevant data in the organizational unit directly on database level. All relevant data on the database is changed: customizing data, master data, and transaction data. As all data is changed – also the existing historical data is changed. After the transformation, the system looks as if it has always been in that state – as e.g. always the new material number or customer/vendor numbers had been used. The advantage is that processes do NOT have to be closed/finished before the transformation. They can remain in an open status and can be processed after the Transformation without disruption.

How does SAP LT know what is relevant? All relevant domains for a specific transformation as e.g. Customer merge are delivered within SAP LT. Based on the domains, all relevant tables and its fields are found in the current customer system. Even in customer own tables – as long as they use SAP standard domains. For customer own programs there is an analysis provided which discovers relevant hard coded parts.

Is all data converted? Yes, SAP LT searches in all ERP components. For BW, CRM, SCM and so on, you should send a request to slo.consulting@sap.com in order to see if a transformation can be offered.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Heike Jensen, Product Management, AGS SLO, SAP SE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Heike. Only one additional question, in case of customer/vendor merge scenarios in case of conflicts how does SAP LT works? I.E i read that for KNVI it takes the highest value of tax classification for the new merged customer but as i commented in my first mail, for two customers placed in different hierarchy levels, what´s the behavior?

Sandeep_Kumar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Different rules can be applied for customer/vendor merge scenarios and you can select these rules (which values have priority or sum-up the values etc..) from a pre-configured set of rules in the LT software.

For customer in different Hierarchy - these will be merged in a single record as well.