Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opportunity to Service Contract

malay_dwivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Is it possible to create a Service Contract as a followup of Opportunity in C4C

This is because, we have a scenario where we don't want Sales quote/order, only a service contract to be created directly from Opportunity.

Kindly advice.

Regards

Malay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In C4C there is no difference between a sales or service contract, the contract is a central master data object that drives both sales and service processes.

Starting in 1511, the sales processes for contract management have been enabled so not only are contract based service entitlements and rev rec supported for service processes, but also the quoting, selling, forecast, and renewal management of the contract just like selling a product. Lastly, and most importantly, it seemlessly integrates with ERP so that the financials that are contract based work out of box (such as contract based billing plans and the downstream rev rec/costing for it).

So to answer your question, yes it is supported in 1511 to create contracts from an oppty, as well as create opptys from a contract.

malay_dwivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Rei, Since we have a scenario, where the product is a kind of contract, hence I asked this here. Your valuable inputs will surely help....

Regards

Malay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rei,
I would be really glad if you could guide me how to carry out the scenario where  we would need to create a Service Contract as a Follow Up from Opportunity.

Regards
Gaurav Sarin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Can you please provide the steps taken (or configuration changes made) to create the 'Service Contract' as a follow up to an 'Opportunity' or a 'Sales Quote'. I have tried creating it as a follow up but it doesn't seem to work.

Kindly update.

Thanks & Regards,

Anand J

0 Kudos

Hy Anand Joshi,

Did you get any update on your issue. We are also facing same issue.

Thanks and Regards

Andreia Nunes

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200026
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malay,

Service Contract will be made only once the Customer Purchases the product, so logically why would a customer want to create a Service Request from Opportunity until the order is fulfilled.

Regards,

Bejoy

malay_dwivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Bejoy, but my scenario is that the product is a form of service contract. Hence I thought of asking for help here.

Regards

Malay