cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow rule Condition: Equal to 'Blank'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there a way to use 'blank' as a condition value in workflow rule?

this would make things much easier for fields containing a lot of possible values, if you want to check whether the fields has been filled in or not.

Thank you and kind regards,

michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Any suggestions?

Regards

preethi_bukke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to set workflow rules with Condition as field is equal to blank. I have tested it and it works fine

currently this does not work with date fields but our development is working on it.

If it is still not working for you, please give more details on how you are setting this up.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Preethi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

I am trying to do it,

However, the field i want to check on is 'Product Category ID', where the operator is 'Contains' instead of 'Equal to'.

The rule has to send an e-mail if there is no 'Product Category ID' in the items.

Condition=  Product Category ID contains <blank>.

THis does not work for me.

preethi_bukke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hossain,

I just tried your scenario in my system.

1. I created an opportunity.

2. Navigated to Products tab.

3. Added a Product --> The Product Category was automatically added.

I had to remove Product also as it was not possible to remove only the PC and saved.

The system threw error message to enter product and PC.

As the system itself does not let you save if the PC is not entered, the notification will not generate.

regards

Preethi

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is not the goal of the rule.

The rule should check whether an item (product and produt cat) have been added.

If no product cat is added, this means no item has been entered, the mail should be sent.

That is why i need a check on product category checking a blank value.

Regards,

Michael

preethi_bukke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hossain,

If I understand your issue correctly, you want a notification to generate for those opportunities that do not have any items/products added at all.

If this is the case then the workflow rule will not work. Some thing needs to be added on the Products tab, for the system to trigger the notification by matching the conditions and this is not happening here.

I seriously doubt if this can be done in the system currently. You might have to try with PDI or post this idea in SAP Cloud for Customer: Home

so that it can be directly checked by out Product management and add in the future release after assessing.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Preethi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

That is what i was afraid of.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You can usually define rules of the kind "<field> equal to value <blank>".

Do you have any specific example where you've noticed that this is not possible or does not work?

Thanks,

Gab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriele,

I have tried your suggestion.

However, the field i want to check on is 'Product Category ID', where the operator is 'Contains' instead of 'Equal to'.

The rule has to send an e-mail if there is no 'Product Category ID' in the items.

Condition=  Product Category ID contains <blank>.

This does not work.

Regards,

michael

arumita_sengupta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hossain,

Which business object you are using to create the workflow rule ?

Regards

Arumita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arumita,

The business object is 'Opportunity'.

Regards