cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Change Object Type in CLMM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I'm using t-code CLMM to perform a SET AND CHANGE VALUES to perform a change against a characteristic within MSC2N that has a specific value and replace it with another.  When I enter into CLMM and specify the class type as 023 Batch, the linked object type is MARA.  Should this not be MCHA so I can locate all of the records that meet my characteristic value target and then perform the mass update?

I define the CLMM process as:

1.  Enter the characteristic name, old value, and new value in the CHARS tab.

2.  In the TARGET OBJS tab, I press the FIND OBJECT command button and find my batch class and press enter.

3.  I leave all values in the VALUES column empty and click on FIND IN INITIAL CLASS and get results.

4.  I press the SELECT ALL icon and press the green checkmark to transfer my selections to the next screen.

5.  I press the MASS UPDATE icon to process and get messages relating to OBJECT xxxxxxx IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THE INTENDED CHANGES.

Nothing gets processed.

What is the issue and is it relating to the MARA object type linkage?

Thanks - Richard.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Richard Lefebvre,

It work fine for me when i use it for material , it seems its meant to be use only for materials.

When you perform search with class type it gives you list of materials having that class associated.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I do get search results from the FIND IN INITIAL CLASS button.  But it only returns the materials that have a target class regardless if it meets my characteristic value selection criteria or not.  Maybe is it locating all materials that have at least one occurrence of the characteristic value that needs to be changed.

BTW, I did find that document earlier which allowed me to get farther until I encountered this issue...thanks!

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Richard Lefebvre,

Thats good, if you like the document please rate it and put your comment. Its bad that it cant help you with batch requirement.

Thanks

Ritesh