cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports fix to work on Windows 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know when Crystal Reports can work on Windows 10.

I saw that fix 15 holds a fix if I understand correctly but only for Visual Studio.

Any roadmap to support Windows 10?

Regards,

Roei

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of CR are you asking about?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

CR version 13.0.2000.0

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm confused...

You say:

would like to know when Crystal Reports can work on Windows 10.

I saw that fix 15 holds a fix if I understand correctly but only for Visual Studio.

CR for VS is version 13.x. So, if you have SP 15, you're set. Perhaps you are looking for SP 15? If that is the case, look here:

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I`m sorry for the misunderstanding.

We are using CR Runtime version V.13.0.12.1494.

We have an issue that in Windows 10, the CR viewer is not working.

Version 15 needs an Visual Studio and we need the CR runtime.

Roei

0 Kudos

Still makes no sense... Have you tried using SP 15 in what ever version of VS you are using or what ever development tool you are using?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I download the SP 15 it asked for Visual Studio and I have customers on the field which only needs the Runtime installation without any Visual Studio version on site.

See below what we are getting.

We need a runtime msi file

0 Kudos

Did you look at the download page at all?

All of the redist packages are there also.

Just in case you don't have the link here it is again:

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Yes I did.

I also tried to install the msi files below:

For 32 bit: http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_redist_install_32bit_13_0_15.zip

For 64 bit: http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_15.zip

but got the following error when trying to see the report via the CR viewer in Windows 10

Thanks in advanced,

Roei

0 Kudos

OK, so the first crfor vs doe snot install on PC's that do not have VS installed on them, the links you just posted are for runtime only PC's whcih is what you need to install on Windows 10.

Install the 3.5 framework on your Windows 10 PC.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

.NET Framework 3.5 is installed already but still we are getting this error.

What else could be a cause for this error?

Roei

0 Kudos

That is a COM error, try searching for it. Likely missing dependency.

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This could be CR related. Or not. Googling the error, I get tons of posts re. possible issues and solutions. One of the better posts: https://www.ascadnetworks.com/Guides-and-Tips/IE-error-%2522Could-not-complete-the-operation-due-to-...

So, for now I'd start really simple;

New one line app;

Add a viewer to a form

in Page INIT add; crystalreportsviewerone.reportsource = <path to a saved data report>

Compile.

Throw this app on the server.

Test. If this app works, more than likely the issue is not CR. Rather something else is going on in your app. You could test this possibility by commenting out the CR code in your app and see if the app runs.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answer.

I`ll try and let you know.

Roei

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do update us, irrespective of what you find.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ludek,

We have tried your suggestion but we received

the same error which is 'bobj' is undefined

We have tried several solutions from google with no luck.

Can you suggest a solution?

Regards,

Roei

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If everything else was followed, it may be the security patch released by MS recently - though I am not sure this would apply to WIN 10.

Anyhow, just to be sure, I'd like you to create a new test report, with nothing in it. Do you still get the error?

- Ludek

0 Kudos

See if this is the problem:

2250097 - Framework 4.6 causes Crystal Reports for Visual Studio to create a unique folder path to t...

Symptom

Framework 4.6 causes Crystal Reports for Visual Studio to create a unique folder path to the Crystalreportsviewer13 folder in IIS and IISExpress DEV.

Environment

• Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 8.x
  • Windows 2012 Server
  • Windows 2016
  • Windows 10

Reproducing the Issue

Hi Don, We’re aware of such problem. Actually it’s related to .Net Framework 4.6, not only limited to Win10 or Windows Server 2016 preview(these OS by default installed .Net 4.6 ). If you install .Net 4.6 on Win7 there will be same issue. The root cause is MS provide the update to .Net Framework 4.6 via windows update, then the small version of .Net 4.6 will changed. For ASP.NET web site target to .Net 4.6 app pool, CR viewer will try to find the viewer resource file(js & icon) from ..\aspnet_client\system_web\4_6_xx\crystalreportviewers13\ The highlight xx is the small version of .Net Framework 4.6. On Win10 RTM, it’s 4_6_79; on Win7+.Net 4.6 it’s 4_6_81, if user installed recent KB3098786 it will be 4_6_118… The version number will change again if next KB update for .Net Framework 4.6. So please create a BOSAP case for it. At least in SP16 we need add more symbol link to support different small version of .Net Framework 4.6. And a better solution is change the path of viewer resource file loaded, eg, point to a virtual folder under IIS. That required fix in Viewer side and need more time, we will try to implement it in SP16… Thanks, Soda

Resolution

Our Developers are aware of this issue and we should be able to provide a fix in Service Pack 16

The issue is related to .Net Framework 4.6.

The root cause is MS provide the update to .Net Framework 4.6 via Windows Update

ASP.NET web site will target the .Net 4.6 app pool, CR viewer will try to find the viewer resource file(js & icon) from

..\aspnet_client\system_web\4_6_xx\crystalreportviewers13\

The xx is the small version of .Net Framework 4.6.

• For example on Win10 RTM, it is 4_6_79;
  • on Win7+.Net 4.6 it is 4_6_81,
  • if user installed recent KB3098786 it will be 4_6_118x.

The version number will change again when the next KB update for .Net Framework 4.6 is installed.

Current work around is to update the Web.Config file to include the updated version of the Framework

And then to copy the \CrystalReportsViewer13 folder into the new path:

..\aspnet_client\system_web\4_6_xx\crystalreportviewers13\

For updates and the latest downloads please go to this link:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

Home page is:

http://scn.sap.com/community/crystal-reports-for-visual-studio

Keywords

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio, cr for vs, \aspnet_client\system_web\4_6_xx\crystalreportviewers13\, 4.6 framework, iis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ludek,

Yes, I`ve tested the application with one report with data and get the same error.

Roei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

Do you have a timeline or expected release date for version 16?

Regards,

Roei

0 Kudos

January 2016 some time...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Don,

The workaround you suggested fits for a single installation, since we have thousands of installations world wide, is there any workaround that we can apply so it fits for all .NET versions?

Meaning can we set the path for crystal viewer folder eg. all .NET versions will be guided to Crystal folder?

In our registry we saw that our .NET Framework version is 4.6.00079 however we saw that Crystal Viewer is seeking for its files in 4_6_114 folder, how is it been decided?

Regards,

Roei

Former Member
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Hi Roei,

You can get the latest framework this way:

using (RegistryKey ndpKey = RegistryKey.OpenBaseKey(RegistryHive.LocalMachine, RegistryView.Registry32).OpenSubKey("SOFTWARE\\Wow6432Node\\Microsoft\\.NET Framework Platform\\Setup\\Multi-Targeting Pack\\v4.6\\"))

foreach (string versionKeyName in ndpKey.GetSubKeyNames())

{

//if (versionKeyName.StartsWith("v4"))

{

RegistryKey versionKey = ndpKey.OpenSubKey(versionKeyName);

string name = (string)versionKey.GetValue("Version", "");

string sp = versionKey.GetValue("SP", "").ToString();

string install = versionKey.GetValue("Install", "").ToString();

if (install == "") //no install info, must be later.

{

btnSQLStatement.Text += "\nFramework Patch: " + name;

btnSQLStatement.AppendText("\n");

}

else

{

if (sp != "" && install == "1")

{

btnSQLStatement.Text += "\nFramework Patch: " + name + "\n";

}

}

if (name != "")

{

continue;

}

}

}

Once you have it you would need to copy over the \CrystalViewer13 folder structure every time a new 4.6 framework patch is installed.

I'm not sure how R&D is going to handle this change by MS.... What ever it is SP 16 should have it.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

We looked and examine your suggested code, but the registry path you mentioned, the .NET version number shows the wrong .NET version where windows update do not override this path with the new version.

I owns windows 7 and till 3 weeks ago the Crystal Viewer works, windows update was performed and the KB with the new CLR was update and since then the Crystal viewer is not working.

We are talking about all Windows versions, which makes it a critical issue that I`m sure customers are complaining about this to SAP.

We need an hotfix as soon as possible or a better workaround so we can handle from our platform and release an hotfix as soon as possible.

Please let us know what to do.

Roei

0 Kudos

Hi Roei,

Interesting.... So I did some more testing, using 2.0 to 3.5 framework CR generates the correct folder path.

If I select any 4.x framework then IISExpress/IIS automatically generates the wrong path but always inserts the 4_6_xxx path to the viewer even though I selected 4.0, 4.5.1 or 4.5.2...

So I'm thinking this has something to do with the 4.6 framework and possibly now 4.5.x Windows updates. R&D never said why it was happening nor if it's the Framework or the templates or... was causing the problem, they just confirmed it as an issue.

Curious why you do not have 4.6 installed on your Windows 10 image? You first screen shot show 4.6 installed. What OS is this last screen shot.

As for a hot fix, not going to happen, CR for VS is a free product so we only release full builds, not patches ever. Unfortunately when SP 15 was released they did not have time or the resources to fully integrate and test VS 2015 due to 4.2 builds and testing. It consumed most of the DEV resources to get it out to Beta testing.

I assumed you would have 4.6 installed, never tried it without it.

I believe this was all due to 4.6 framework and the project templates in VS and CR. nothing more I can do....

Thinking of another way around this by using a redirect.

See if this works for you, add the CrystalReportViewer13 folder to your project, copy it into you app folder:

<configSections>

<sectionGroup name="businessObjects">

<sectionGroup name="crystalReports">

<section name="crystalReportViewer" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler"/>

<section name="rptBuildProvider" type="CrystalDecisions.Shared.RptBuildProviderHandler, CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304, Custom=null"/>

</sectionGroup>

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<businessObjects>

<crystalReports>

<crystalReportViewer>

<add key="ResourceUri" value="/crystalreportviewers13"/>

</crystalReportViewer>

</crystalReports>

</businessObjects>

<appSettings>

Answers (0)