SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function is not possible Funds Management is not active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts;

please refer to the following thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3818658

where I managed to activate the PSM FM components however the IS-PS is not active.

I've made all the proper activation as mentioned even the suggested by our expert colleague Eli Klovski as mentioned in the above link.

Also when i attempted to open FR69 T-code Park Transfer I received the following error message:

Function is not possible; Funds Management is not active

Message no. FI291

Procedure

If you want to use Funds Management Government functions, you must activate them in the Customizing of Funds Management Government, under Actual and Commitment Update/Integration -> Funds Management activate/deactivate.

Although, I've followed the mentioned path on the IMG and activated the AA Derivtn and Update for all company codes then tried with UNCHECKED the Update column and in either cases it is yet not active and giving the above message.

Can someone kindly advice and guide how to overcome such error please.

Thanks in advance;

Kind regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;

Message was edited by: Eli Klovski

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To start with, FR69 is a former budget operation. I believe, you work with BCS, if it's a new implementation. So, all FR* transactions are irrelevant here.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To start with, FR69 is a former budget operation. I believe, you work with BCS, if it's a new implementation. So, all FR* transactions are irrelevant here.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli;

Hope u r doing well;

Thank you very much for effective support as usual.

But please I have some points I need to inquire about them to better understand the issue:

1. What do u mean with new implementation? U mean it for Funds Management or generally all the SAP ERP? If generally, no, where SAP here is implemented and up and running since 2012. If u mean with respect to Funds Management, Yes it is new implementation.

2. How can I know that I'm working with the Budget Control System or former Budget?

However I actually find the Budget Control System (BCS) under the Public Sector Management under Funds Management Government.

N.B. the Component version under SAP System data is SAP ECC 6.0. Does it indicate to any thing to let me know what kind of Budget is used?

3. In case if we are using the BCS. So why the FR** t-codes are existing? And what are their alternatives? And also how to overcome the main issue which is (NOT able to activate the IS-PS component)?

because now I am following a PDF from SAP-Press mentioning the steps configuration steps and under one of these steps:

»Funds Management Government   Basic Settings   Activate Global

Funds Management Functions (PSM-FM)

In this activity, SAP PSM-FM is activated for the client, which is the

main indicator for the system as to whether it should operate SAP PSMFM

data flows. Activate the flag as shown in Figure 6.

Figure 6 Activate SAP PSM-FM Functionalities

When tick in the check box I cannot complete because I receive the error message which is mentioned on the topic of the thread.

So kindly advice and guide what to do and how to overcome such issue please.

Thanks in advance;

Kind regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I meant new FM implementation

2. You should activate BCS under IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Basic Settings - Activate Global Functions for Budgeting

3. Old T-codes don't disappear from the system even if BCS is switched on

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli;

Fine,

1. Yes it is new FM implementation.

2. Now I activated the BCS from:

IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Basic Settings - Activate Global Functions for Budget Control System (BCS)

As u mentioned.

So does it mean that I am not in need to activate:

»Funds Management Government   Basic Settings   Activate Global

Funds Management Functions (PSM-FM)

As mentioned in the configuration PDF which requests the IS-PS activation on BF11? And in this case I will not need to activate the IS-PS. Correct?

Also kindly advice, should I skip that phrase which requires to activate Funds Management Functions (PSM-FM) and continue work after it normally or I should solve the problem of the (IS-PS)?

3. Old t-codes do not disappear. But as far I understand they have no value now and I should search for the alternative t-codes which are doing same functions. Correct?

Thank you very much Eli;

Kind regards;

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Good

2. These two functions are not connected

3 Right

Eli

P.S. Please, try and find some material on PSM-FM starting with help.sap.com and eventually reading some configuration guides.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli;

Thanks again and pardon me for my detailed question but as you now the issue is new and important that is why when person wants to do something perfectly till the end he/she must analyse its details from first step neatly.

I hope I do not bother but I just need a couple of points more to be clarified:

* With respect to point # 2 above I did not under stand what your reply ((These two functions are not connected)) means? Does it mean that under all circumstances we should activate both or each one of them has different function so they both must be active or one of them only is required based on what kind of budget is used (Former budget or BCS)?

* The major dilemma yet is the issue of (IS-PS) components which cannot be activated in the BF11, because it's displayed in dim and cannot tick the activation box. So yet I am in strong need to activate it and to know its relation with the Budget Control System.

Thank you very much Eli for your directions where each thing u say has a positive impact and clarify part of the puzzle ((Budget)) and please accept my apologize again for such detailed questions and inquires.

Kind regards;

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Activation of BCS and activation of PSM-FM are two different activities. Obviously, activating BCS without activating main PSM-FM flag is irrelevant. Regarding activation of IS-PS, if you don't succeed in the ways mentioned in other threads, then I'd suggest you to raise a question to OSS. Maybe, there is something wrong with your SAP installation.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Eli that is pretty clear and sufficient answer.

Kind regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;