cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimization Package Failure - SAP BPC 7.5 - MS Platform

0 Kudos

Hi BPC v7.5 Team,

We're getting the below error message with the nightly scheduled optimization packages runs. The only solutions I found on Google are for Microsoft CRM and is not applicable for us.

Any ideas?

Thanks! Barry

ERROR MESSAGE:
System.InvalidOperationException: ExecuteNonQuery requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method
TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.CallMethod(Container BaseReference, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags InvocationFlags, Boolean
ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure & Failure)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance,
Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) at OSoftPackageLauncher.Exe.Main(String[] args)(Assembly: Unknown, Object: OSoft.Services.Application.DataMgr.PackageExecute2008.DTSX)

LogID

SystemName

JobName

UserID

Status

DateWritten

DM

1. OSoftPackageLauncher.Exe.Main

Sunday, November 01, 2015

DM

Sunday, October 18, 2015

DM

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

DM

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

DM

Thursday, December 04, 2014

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

I found this note on Google: /**https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/814912**/

JohnL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

It appears communication between the APP and DB servers is failing.

See if there are any nightly jobs or backups occuring at the same time the optimization runs.

Also check the event viewer logs on the servers for any clues.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi John,

The only log I know to check is: [AppServer].[dbo].[tblLogs]. The output is in my initial note. What log would I check? Would this be a SQL server log?

Thanks. Barry

JohnL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

That's a Windows OS log and should also be checked.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-information-event-logs-event-viewer#1TC=windows-7

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi John,

You're correct. Our Network team was running a scheduled VM backup 5mins after the

Optimization started. Once I was able to link the date-stamps in the Microsoft View to the MSSQL reports I saw the issue.

Thanks! Barry J.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

did you found the reason?

Have you tried to launch it manually during the day?

All the systen is off or you're able to send data?

Regards

Roberto

0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

No. I have not. We can't run it during the day due to it taking the application offline. The IT team does not send data. When I check the tables: tblfac2finance and tblfactwbfinance there are no records after I get the failed email notification. So the optimization did complete.

I have to manually set the application back to available status.

Thanks. Barry

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

but the error persists? You have every day to change the status?

I've have had a similar error when the space of transaction log was full, normally during process dimension I can see clearly this error message but with one big appset (100 million of records) just the scheduled optimize go in error and like yours complete the data transfert (but not all the steps) leaving the appset offline.

Check the SQL errors in SSMS and verify how much space is available for the logs and also on the disk that contains your db.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos