Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Position statistics enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Version 4.3 SP2

As per our requirement, I want to  add  one more column for a count in position statistics.Please guide me which RFC and XML files needs to enhance.

Thanks,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satya.

Are you using a live or staged/hybrid approach (see )?

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply stephen.

we are using LIVE approch

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look in your OTF_Schema\functionConfiguration and you'll see some XML files that uniquely relate to the analytics - the names are pretty clear as to what XML relates to what analytic.  You should be able to spot the RFC references easily enough inside it.

Than take a look in the AppResources\dataelementconfiguration and you'll see lots more XML files.  Take a look through the KPI related ones and you should be able to find matches back to the functionConfiguration files (specifically take note of the "table" references - match them to the ones set in the functionConfiguration.

If you check in AppResources\detaildataconfiguration you should be able to match up the *Details*.xml entries in there to the named analytics you already have.

From there you will want to match that to the AppResources\detailconfiguration and AppResources\viewconfiguration XML files for the org unit details panel, the analytics profile and the views.

After that there's the Analytics\Count.xml file that instructs the application on how to count the analytics for the org unit.  This varies between analytics, so make sure you know what and how you want to count.

I can't recall off the top of my head if individual analytics can be restricted by role based security or if it is access to the group of analytics as a whole, so you may also need to review security settings too.

Once you have an idea of the structures you need to work with I'd suggest using an existing analytic as the basis and cloning one of those and then amending to meet your new analytic needs.  I think starting with a clone might also cover any potential security alignment.

I'd guess that the easiest thing to do might (and this is just a suggestion - don't take it as good practice) be to literally duplicate the output of an existing analytic to the end user (details panel, profile and view) and then work backwards from there to the RFC.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Stephen.

Answers (0)