Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Categories in Service Request as Suppress

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Champs ,

I am working on Service Request process for an Interaction Center but Categories Field are coming suppress . I want to add different categories but i am not getting right path to identify it. Even i checked the catalog configuration steps but it could not help me to achieve desired outcome.

Please guide me as i am new to SAP CRM.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bruce_li
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed Muhammad Fahad Imam,

For Service request (incident), you need to assign the transaction types to catalog categories.

And then you need to assign the relevant application area to your categorization schema.

Please check following informaiton from sap help.

==>

The following parameters are supported:

•TXN_TYPE_AND_CATALOGTYPE

This parameter is used if categorization schemas are to be mapped directly to a combination of transaction type and catalog category.This mapping enables the mapping of multiple categorization schemas to an application. These categorization schemas are then displayed in multiple blocks of categorization fields in the corresponding application.

This mapping is delivered for the following business transactions:

◦Service request (incident)

◦Problem

◦Request for change

◦Knowledge article

=>

Please check following screenshot I created for you. Please refer to it, then I think

you can see your categories in both subject and Reasons area.

1.customizing

2.settings on webui

Best Regards,

Bruce

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Bruce Li ,

Many thanks for your reply.

As i am willing for Categories in Service Request Doc . Then same configurations has been assigned. (Screen Short 1) to Transaction Type SRVR.

Then i created Schema on WEB UI  with reference of all steps done by you (Refer Screen Short 2)

But still on Service Request field are suppress. (Refer Screen Short 3).

Please share your valuable remarks

Thanks

bruce_li
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your screenshot 2.jpg. Your schema is in status Draft.
You need to  activate this schema.  If you check the valid from time in this schema, it will be active from tomorrow, 20151106 09:22.

As this schema is not active, you can not see it in service request.

Best Regards,

Bruce

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Brue Li,

Once again lot f thanks

i changed the valid from date on today and it give me warning status SCHEMA VALIDITY PERIOD SHLD BE IN FUTURE but i save it , status remain as draft but still fields are suppressed.

Later i changed the Status as RELEASED then it give me error message this time of SCHEMA VALIDITY PERIOD SHLD BE IN FUTURE.

Please guide

Thanks

bruce_li
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can logon crm sap gui, then check the system time from tab system->status. You must define
the valid-from time of your schema in a future time. (> system time)

Best Regards,

Bruce

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Bro,

Thanks for asking.

Still exist although i tried lot . Basis has extend the time of system up to 24 hours. So now Schema is getting created without error but status still come as Draft.  Status changes as Active when desired date pass.

Further if i select Business Activity as Application in Shema. Then when i go to create Category , i find all field like SUBJECT CODE , CODE , CATALOG as open. But still i could not get desired result . Further if i select Service Request as Application in Schema then i get such fields as suppress.

Thanks fr ur time and cooperation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

Please take a look at Notes: 1391376 and 1266940.

I suspect that Service Request for Multi-Level Categorisation is not switched on correctly.

The Notes above I hope will guide you in the right direction.

Regards

Arden

bruce_li
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Is your schema active now?

Also when I checked the screenshot you provided on Nov 5, 2015, I see you have customized for transaction type SRVR. But in your schema, please check in application area, you didn't assign this transacton type SRVR.

Best Regards,

Bruce

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Bruce Li,

I assigned service request / incident in APPLICATION AREAS but could not find any field where i can assign T code SRVR.

Please guide

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Arden ,

Thanks for sharing ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

Please include a screen shot of what you're seeing.

You will be assigning the description of the Transaction Type SRVR.

Regards

Arden

bruce_li
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check field value, it will shown the description of your transaction type SRVR.

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Arden ,

I get my problem solved ..Actually problem was due to configuration of UI Component Workbench . The fields of categorization were not assigned properly.

Thanks for cooperation

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Bruce Li,

I got this problem solved through configuration of UI Component Workbench. Categorization fields were not assigned properly. 

Lot f thanks for your continuous support

Thanks