cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP program to convert CAL format drawing files to TIFF/PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Not sure if this question is related to PLM. But I am posting it here as PLM includes design and drawing.

My question is our drawings format are currently in CAL format and is stored in our network folder for the part.Since we are using DMS and providing the link to this folder to view the CAL files , from SAP side the CAL format is not recognized and not opening. So just want to check with you all if there is any SAP conversion program exists to convert this CAL format to TIFF/PDF online through DMS.

Thanks

Benny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

Are you sure if user has CAL file viewer on his machine and he is not able to open the file

is customizing setting has %AUTO% for .CAL originals?

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niketan,

We dont have an CAL file viewer as such currently in each of our desktop. But the engineering dept has build their own CAL converter some 20 yrs back and they use it until now to convert the CAL to TIFF file, but that TIFF is interim and not saved and gets deleted once you close the converter. Its like monopoly tool and not every one has the access for it.

So we want a common converter that can be used by every one to view the CAL files , if SAP has some conversion programs built within for this case then we can analyse the same. Or else we have to install a converter in each workstation and scrap the old converter.

Btw please let me know about the %AUTO% customizing ? where i can find it in SAP ?

Thanks

Benny

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

Ok so YES ,

There is SEAL Conversion server which converts Graphic Formats to PDF/TIFF.

So as .CAL is Graphic format SEAL will automatically convert it.

However you need to double check with actual sample .CAL file you are using to make sure conversion works without any issue.

Thanks and regards

Niketan