cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR2008 not finding DB2 Nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been trying to connect to the database through CR2008 for a while with no success.

Version12.7.2.2279,  Service Pack 7. on Windows 7 machine.

The error trying to connect to a DB2 10.1 database is "No start database manager command was issued".

Thinking it might be a problem connecting to 10.1, we installed the 9.7 Server Client and created a node to the original db, but nothing besides the original 10.1 database shows up when trying to connect with the database expert. The node is not being found by Crystal Reports.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alyssa,

Make sure the DB2 client is 32 bit. 

If you are using ODBC to connect to your database, make sure the client has configured the 32 bit ODBC.  Crystal is a 32 bit application and won't be able to use a 64 bit client or ODBC datasource. 

I believe the 10.1 client is 64 bit only.  To get around this problem, we've had to use SQL Server and add the DB2 databases as Linked Servers. 

Instead of connecting to the linked servers in Crystal, we have a database in SQL Server and created views and Stored Procedures to access the DB2 tables.  Linked tables take an incredible performance hit because the indexes are ignored on the DB2 side.  Do a Google search for OpenQuery if you decide to use SQL Server. 

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Brian, that's really good to know. Do you happen to know if this is also true for the Crystal Reports 2013 package?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, the same is true for CR 2013 as it is a 32 bit application. And I'm not hearing anything about CR 2016 being 64 bit either...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Answers (0)