cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aquisition value negative in area 01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client user has an asset and following transactions have been posted to it. Please see AW01N for the asset below:

Asset value date

Amount posted

Transaction Type

Transaction type name

Currency

30/9/2015

Goods receipt

SGD

30/9/2015

Goods receipt

SGD

30/9/2015

Goods receipt

SGD

1/10/2015

Invoice receipt prior-year acquisition

SGD

30/9/2015

Retirmt transfer of curr-yr acquis.

SGD

1/10/2015

ZA1

Asset reduction due to Asset Adjustment

SGD

Now the balance amount 0.01 user wants to again post it to GRIR account same transaction ABZON which is posted for the amount -3.04 in the above table but somehow now she is getting error "Aquisition value negative in area 01". I know that we can goto asset master and depreciation areas tab and double click on it and allow negative postings to this asset.

But my question is why are we getting this error when the user is not posting any negative value. She is only doing the exact same transaction as shown in above table for value 3.04.

Please provide your inputs asap.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please state the fiscal year you are following? As it may be possible due to year end.

Regards,

Malhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malhar,

Fiscal year 2015.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanu,

What is asset Expiry date (depreciation start date + useful life), and in Asset Explorer what is remaining value of asset, APC - Depreciation etc. is it 0.

It might be the case of rounding difference in APC and total amortization, you should not turn asset value negative ideally.

BR

Pankaj Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your response.

Remaining value of asset & APC in Asset explorer is showing as 0.01.

And the same thing I tried in dev client I was able to post 0.01 value and system never gave me error.

I am not understanding what could be the possible reason for this.

Please help.

Thanks!