Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An Issue is with depreciation amount on monthly basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP SMEs,

I need your views on below issue.

The asset is acquired on 19/06/2015 through the AUC and depreciation start date and depreciation key is also same for 2 areas.

But, when we run the depreciation report for one area system is showing the depreciation amount from period 1 on wards and other one is from period 06 onwards for year 2015.

Hence, I have gone through the asset master data and depreciation key configuration level, it seems no figure out as of now.

Any idea on this.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check again if parameters like depreciation start date and depreciation key are really the same for both areas. If all is the same, there is probably some difference in customizing on depreciation area level.

For example if you set "semi-annual posting" for an area, depreciation postings will start in period 6.

The customizing is found at "Post Depreciation to the General Ledger -> Specify Intervals and Posting Rules".

You can also check if you assigned a specific fiscal year variant to one of the areas or if you have a BADI implementation to calculate different depreciation values on area level.

Best regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your quick reply.

However, both the depreciation areas are for reporting purpose only,since 0 indicator (does not post to General ledger) is activated in configuration screen of the areas...

So above option doesn't applicable to those...

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This should be a problem with Period control methods used in your depreciation key.

Check the settings in both AFAMP and OAVS

06At the start of the year
01Pro rata at period start date
Former Member
0 Kudos

All the parameters are maintained at 1 (Pro rate at period start date only) in AFAMP. I guess the problem is not with the depreciation key since for other area it is calculated from depreciation start date onwards for same depreciation key....