Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance 0FI_AA_20 with WBS element

former_member214693
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

Today my client uses SAP report S_ALR_87012936 to conclude and analyze the 10year depreciation simulation. They analyze both Main Asset Number (field: ANLN1) and WBS elements (filed: POSID) since they need the depreciations for "finalized" assets as well as the ones still just in the forecast/budget.

They want to make this analyze in SAP BW and save each simulation in a SAP BW cube for future analysis.

It seems like 0FI_AA_20 meets this requirements except for the WBS elements. In the SAP report S_ALR_87012936 it is possible to choose which objects to include in the simulation report. Does anyone know if there is a simple way to enhance the 0FI_AA_20 extractor to include WBS elements?

It is a small SAP installation at the client and only a few people working with the system (incuding me helping them with BW), so take in mind that I do not have an entire SAP development team to back me up 🙂

Please advise!

Regards

Sofie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sofie,

I suggest to use DataSource 0FI_AA_12 (posted depreciation (periodic values). It contains WBS Element (i.e. the fields PS_PSP_PNR and PS_PSP_PNR2). Did you consider to use this DataSource?

Best regards,

Sander

former_member214693
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer! Well, when searching for an extractor similar to the report S_ALR_87012936 all suggestions in SCN pointed at 0FI_AA_20, but I am open to all better suggestions 🙂

The client wants a depreciation simulation snapshot every month. I understand that 0FI_AA_12 has delta functionality?! Is this extractor still the best option?

Thank you!

//Sofie

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sofie,

DataSource 0FI_AA_12 has delta functionality and WBS Element . I suggest to evaluate if it covers the client's requirements.

Best regards,

Sander

former_member214693
Participant
0 Kudos

The requirements are basically:

Depreciation Simulation for 10years forward.

Asset number and WBS number (as in report S_ALR_87012936)

They want a snapshot of the simulation each month. That means, a NEW simulation every month.

Based on the last Point, I am not so sure about the delta functionality. As I understand it, it is not possible to run 0FI_AA_12 for 10years?

According to this posting it is not:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/961531

Thanks again Sander!

Regards,

Sofie

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sofie,

I think that there is no other option to activate DataSource 0FI_AA_12 and check it out. Did you do that already?

According to the discussion referenced by you, it could indeed be that the only option is to go for a custom development solution.

Please share your findings and final approach.

Best regards,

Sander

former_member214693
Participant
0 Kudos

I had to build my own extractor...

The solution was to read the output data from a SAP report, transforming it to text and outputting it according to a defined structure.

Answers (0)