cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS with OpenText

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, I look for information about setting OpenText as a Content Server for DMS to use with CV01n, CV02n, CV03n and CV04n, right now we have installed DMS using SAP Content Server 6.30, which is out of support for a long time. Now we are decided to migrate the document service to Open Text, but we don't know how to configure Open Text as a Content Server to use CV01n and the others Tx related, I tried to configure using de OAC0 as:

Content Rep.: ZOpenText

Description: Open Text

Document Area: DMS

Storage Type: HTTP Content Server

Version: 46

HTTP Server: HOSTNAME

Port Number: 8080

HTTP Script: archive

Then when I tried to create the Content Server using the CSADMIN Tx, I got an error saying:

HTTP error: 400 Petici�n incorrecta  ICS:5009: The specified ArchiveLink method is not known or not supported:      adminContRep(PUT)<)>

Message no. CMS025

Diagnosis

Error in accessing via HTTP

400 Petici�n incorrecta

ICS:5009: The specified ArchiveLink method is not known or not supported: adminContRep(PUT)

I am using this Open Text Content Server as a Server for SAP VIM module, and for this service I have configured another repository using ARCHLINK instead of DMS, If I try to use that repository with DMS and I tried to get the details I get the following error:

HTTP error: 501 No Implementado  ICS:5003: The ArchiveLink command ?adminContRep?is not supported in this      scenario

Message no. CMS025

Diagnosis

Error in accessing via HTTP

501 No Implementado

ICS:5003: The ArchiveLink command ?adminContRep?is not supported in this scenario

This last service is running, but when I try to use with DMS, I get the error above, I don't know if I'm using the OpenText repository in correct way, I create other repository to use with DMS, but I didn't install anything in SAP to connect with OpenText, I only installed the ADDON for VIM:

OTEXBAS OpenText Archiving and Document Access f

SAPK-30401INOTEXBAS OTEXBAS 1000_700: Patch 0001 Imported on 22.11.2013 at 10:54:14

OTEXVIM Open Text Vendor Invoice Management 7.0

SAPK-70001INOTEXVIM OTEXVIM 700: Patch 0001 Imported on 22.11.2013 at 17:03:16

SAPK-70002INOTEXVIM OTEXVIM 700: Patch 0002 Imported on 22.11.2013 at 17:03:17

Anybody has some documentation that could help me to solve this issue?

Anybody knows if I have to install something more to get this done?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is Opentext configuration document

OpenText Archiving and Document Access for SAP Solutions.pdf (400 Page) document and section 12.3 will give you steps

it could look like below

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maral, thank you for your answer, I tested with that configuration I get the same error and I can't create the Content Server with the OAC0 and CSADMIN.

Where can I get that PDF, it will very useful for me, I don't have it.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maral, I can configure with the OACT and OAC0 the Open Text entry, I test and the status was running, apparently the CSADMIN doesn't work with Open Text but everybody said that you shouldn't worry about it.

My problem right now, is that I can choose the new repository (using Open Text) to check in a document with the CV01N or CV02N, do you know what am I missing? the other repository that I am using (the old Content Server) is working fine, and appear in the Check In as a Storage Category, but the new one (OT) not, could be because I'm using ARCHLINK instead of DMS? if that is the issue, how can I fix that, because with the DMS type I can't connect to OpenText.

Thank you very much for your help.

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think below thread could be useful

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1218014

it gives following 3 options

1. You can store a document against a DIR with the GOS icon instead of in the originals area (called Document Archiving)

2. You can check a document into the archive using the Original - Check into Archive menu path option. This is often used to remove documents from the content server after a period of time when they are no longer accessed. I.e. When a document gets to version 05, you may opt to archive version 00.

3. Data archiving - You can archive an entire DIR along with any originals

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niketan, I trying to use your second option using the CV01n, I read your link and I have checked and everything seems to be ok, the only thing that I couldn't check is the Tx OAD5, because I don't know which document I have to use, the DRAW-DRW object are not inside that transaction is to others places, I think, not for DMS.

I tried to use the Check in Archive option in the CV01n or CV02n Tx, and I got the following error:

Entry ZQM   does not exist in TOAOM (check entry)

ZQM is a document type inside the DMS, it is not in the same table like DRAW-DRW (Object Type and Docuemnt Type).

If you have any idea what am I missing, will be great.

Thank very much.

Regards

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Valin,

Did you check below link?

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1726953

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niketan, yes I already checked that link, there are some links missing inside howeber I read all the information it was useful but it hasn't solved my issue. Until now I couldn't check in archive inside opentext, I'm still working on this problem.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

benedikt_wagner_mdt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maximiliano,

Opentext does not support CSADMIN. Instead of CSADMIN you have to use the Opentext Archive Administration Tool (or talk to your Opentext administration guys).

Therefore you have to do two steps:

1. create a content repository XY using the Opentext Archive Administration Tool

2. create the content repository with same name (XY) in OAC0

If you want to have signed URLs (OAC0, No signature = space), then you have to send a certificate from OAC0 to Opentext and activate/enable this on Opentext side (again in Archive Administration Tool).

Regards,

Benedikt

0 Kudos

Hi Bene,

Need clarification regarding the data migration between SAP DMS to Open text xECM,

We would like to know more on how to create the content repository with same name (XY) in OAC0.

Then how to send all the documents from DMS to Opentext xECM.

Regards,

Giri.

benedikt_wagner_mdt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Giridhar!

Giridhar Dwaraka wrote:

"Need clarification regarding the data migration between SAP DMS to Open text xECM, "

-> what do you mean with "Opentext xECM"?

Opentext xECM consists out of

1. Archive server, storing documents and handling them using document IDs; no meta data; used from SAP with ArchiveLink HTTP calls
  2. Content server, this is a document management system with workspaces, metadata, check-in/check-out, used from SAP using Opentext function modules calling web services in content server.

I guess you want to use the archive server only.

"We would like to know more on how to create the content repository with same name (XY) in OAC0."

-> the content repository ID is the key in OAC0. Only one content repository with a name can exist. You have to decide where this repository is located.

"Then how to send all the documents from DMS to Opentext xECM."

-> For migration you have to create another repository and create another storage category in OACT for that repository.

You can use report RSIRPIRL to relocate documents from one category to another.

Another option is a proxy server from KGS. Using this you can migrate documents from one location to another and keeping the same repository name.

Regards,
Benedikt
0 Kudos

Hi Bene,

Thanks for your reply,

My requirement is to move all the existing documents in SAP DMS(Content Server ) to Opentext xECM where client  is looking for Comprehensive content management solutions capable for content management functionalities. (edit, reserve, versioning, ACL).

DMS will be removed once all the documents moved to Opentext XECM.

Requirement Chart

Please advice which is the best way to perform above migration.

Secondly As per your suggestion, while creating Repository,

1.which document area and Storage type we need to select.

Thanks,

Giri.

benedikt_wagner_mdt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Giridhar,

in this case you will not need a repository in OAC0. Because using this and SAP ArchiveLink calls you will only create documents in Archive Server. Documents will not be visible in Content Server.

Instead you have to customize the xECM connection from SAP to Content Server in SPRO according to Opentext Customizing Guide.

Then you can use Opentext Web Services to create and archive documents in Content Server. There is a pretty good description in Opentext Knowledge Center (Opentext ECMLink for SAP Solutions 10.5.0, API Documentation).

Also you should have a concept how to migrate the documents:

• how to handle DMS versions in Content Server (create own document for version or use OT versions)
  • how to store documents in Content Server (using workspaces, folder structures)
  • how do you want to find documents in Content Server after migration? Meta data, file name, folder structure, ...

For further communication we should create an own discussion. The content does not match the initial discussion anymore.

Regards,

Benedikt