cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual validation/System_UserMessage Job usage in CPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have one business requirement to perform some manual Job instructions/validation steps and have some validation confirmation input text to be passed and saved in the job chain before proceeding to next step of the jobs chain.

Ex.  Job chain ABC with 4 steeps and after step 1 user should perform some manual validation/confirmation based on instructions before proceeding to next steps(2)

Currently we are planning to add the validation instructions in step job documentation for each step and make the job step on "Hold On Submit = true"

so that job step 2 can be in Hold status until manual release) Once validation done we plan to release the        

job manually,  but our user requirement is to have some validation confirmation input text to be passed and saved before proceeding to next step.

we are not sure if there is any feature in CPS which can be used to have this kind of manual validation and confirmation input confirmation from monitoring screen which can be setup/configure using some scripts or standard configurations.

In CPS we have 2 system jobs definition System_UserMessage and System_UserMessage_Notification, we try to utilize these jobs for our scenario but we are not getting the expected Accept/Reject user messages, let me know how can we use these jobs?

Would appreciate if any one could share the input on above system jobs and also let me know for any alternative method of manual validation can be handled in CPS for our scenario.

Let me know if you need more details on this context.

Thanks

Nidhi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You are spot on, the UserMessage is exactly the solution for your scenario. It also provides inbox and delegation functionality. You can add attachment to it etc. However, it is a licensable item, you will need a license to uncover the business rule functionality.

So please contact your account representative about this.

Regards Gerben