Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move folders and files in km folder to another Portal

former_member215786
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have production portal and  Quality portal  both on EP7.4 SP9>

1. How do I move the KM folders and files in Production Portal  to Quality Portal. What is the procedure? We have around 500 files(.doc,.pdf etc).

Do I have to use transport package?

There are other  way to execute this proccess??

Transferring KM Content via WebDAV - Knowledge Management & Collaboration - SCN Wiki

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer this documents. its should be useful KM Transport and Transporting KM Content and KM Transportation

Kindly let me know if you need any more information.

former_member215786
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay.

I have checked this option, however This is taking too long

I want know if the option of use WebDAV is a excellent option for work this requirement.

Transferring KM Content via WebDAV - Knowledge Management & Collaboration - SCN Wiki

Regards

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer this documents. its should be useful https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/1742587 and WebDAV

Kindly let me know if you need any more information.

0 Kudos

Hi Carmen,

The link that you have shown is by using the portal drive. Also you have to check whether WEBDAV functionality is enabled in your portal or not.

When you move the files and folders from one portal to another using portal drive, you might not be able to copy the entire ACL set for the folder and files in production.

So my suggestion would be transferring the file through the transport package. Create a local transport package from production and save it in your local desktop. Then you shall import the same in Quality.

Note :  the above solution is based on the assumption that the same folder structure is maintained in quality also as in production.

Thanks,

Mahendran B.

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you get any error while using that process given by you?

former_member215786
Participant
0 Kudos

WebDAV Configuration

System Administration > System Configuration > Knowledge Management > Content Management > Protocols > WebDAV.

Web Folders

1.  In KM open the details window of the folder or repository you wish to access and navigate to Settings > Properties > Access Links

2.       Copy the WebDAV URL parameter

3.       In Windows Explorer right click on Network and select Map Network Drive

4.       Select Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures

5.       On the next screen click on Next and then select Choose a custom network location

6.       Paste the WebDAV URL parameter into the Internet or network address box and select Next

The system generated this error

0 Kudos

Hi Carmen,

This is a known issue with Windows. You will not be able to map as network drive. You should use Portal drive to open the KM content as web folder.

Please use the Portal drive (can be downloaded from Service marketplace) to do the necessary action.

Note: keep in mind that the ACL might not be copied.

Thanks,

Mahendran B.

former_member215786
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendran

I have installed portal drive client to assign KM folders to Windows drive

• I followed the Client Requirements

Java Runtime Environment 1.7 (JRE 1.7)

64–bit versions of the following operating systems: Windows 7

Memory (RAM): 4 GB

Hard disk space : 12.5 GB

Network connection2.2Server

• I have enabled The WebDAV server :

System Administration-->System Configuration-->Knowledge Management-->Content Management-->Protocols-->Show Advanced Options-->WebDAV Protocol.

The option Enable WebDAV Server determines whether access through WebDAV clients like MS Web Folders or Portal Drive will work or not. If this parameter is disabled, such WebDAV clients will not be able to connect to your KM. Changes take effect immediately.

• Authentication

To use the same authentication scheme for Portal Drive as for the Portal, I performed the following steps:

1. Choose Content AdministrationPortal Content Management .

2. Navigate to the following role: Portal ContentPortal UsersStandard Portal Users Standard User Role (ID: pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/eu_role).

3. For NetWeaver 7.3 and higher choose OpenRole .

4.Navigate to the following iView: HomeHidden URL AccessKM Document iView.

5. For NetWeaver 7.3 and higher: KM Document iViewOpen PropertiesAll .

For the AuthScheme property, select the same authentication scheme as you are using as default for the Portal, for example, uidpwdlogon.

• Download PORTAL DRIVE WEBDAV CLIENT

After the installation I restart my  PC.

• Post Instalation:

To open the portal drive window, choose the (SAP NetWeaver Portal Drive) icon in the Windows system tray.

2.In the Volumes tab, choose the button.

3.Enter a name for the volume in the Volume name field. for example: KM_TEST

4.Enter server URL in the Full URL field.

To find out the server URL, proceed as follows:

1.In the SAP NetWeaver Portal, navigate to the folder that you want to connect.

2.Open the Details dialog box of the folder that you want to connect.

3.In the Details dialog box, choose Settings PropertiesAccess Links .

4.Copy the WebDAV URL to your clipboard, and paste it to the field Full URL in the portal drive client.

5- From the Advanced Options menu choose the Drive dropdown list to select the drive for use or choose the Assign drive letter automatically checkbox.

6.Choose OK.

7.To connect to the server, choose Connect.

However the system geneated this error:

Regards

Answers (0)