cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP to PI, retrieve data.. pass back to AIF

robphelan
Participant
0 Kudos

We have a scenario where we initiate a web service call from SAP (SE38 program)  to PI.  PI synchronously goes to an external site to retrieve data.

We will receive many records at once but I want to pass them individually to AIF.

My initial thought was to just run the program, get data from PI, loop through and pass each record to AIF via the method call  TRANSFER_TO_AIF

When I went to create my RAW structure, I wanted to simply Include the PI Proxy-generated structure so that I could just pass the individual records from PI right to AIF, but SAP doesn't allow this b/c it is a generated structure.

I'm now looking into passing the data to AIF from the PI Proxy Class itself as outlined in one of the tutorials... technically in PI, this is considered an outbound interface (but I'm really interested in the response data). But when I try create and configure the new AIF interface, the service only exists in the Proxy Outbound section.

If I fill in the class name in the Proxy Outbound field, the Raw Data Structure auto-populates for me. However, it is the wrong structure. it auto-populates the OUTBOUND structure. I don't want the outbound structure, I need the return structure.

Can I just specify it manually? Will that work?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

robphelan
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm getting a little desperate on this.

I don't want to manually create a raw structure based on the proxy-generated object and map the incoming PI data to it, then re-map it to the SAP internal data structure in AIF - that defeats the whole purpose of AIF.

Here's a simplified workflow of what I'm trying to accomplish.

My Response structure is pretty complex. Since SAP does not allow us to Include proxy-generated structures in a new DDIC object, I can't include it in the RAW structure I'm defining.

This should be a very simple scenario.

I see that if the PI interface was an INBOUND interface, AIF would automatically bring in the response structure during Interface creation, but we need to pass parameters to the REQUEST so we have to define it as an outbound interface in PI

robphelan
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried this and it doesn't work.  it assumes that my proxy-generated structure is the SOURCE structure, not the destination structure as it really is in my case.