cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating non members is allowed on planning

0 Kudos

Hi All,

You want to insert a new line on planning, creating members on characteristics without master data and you receive an error message even if you applied the SAP note 2132510.

In additional, you will need to apply the SAP note 2209808 that contains a correction on BICs engine.

2132510 - Planning entering new line : Creating members on characteristics without master data

2209808 - Attribute planning throws error in case planning on not existing member is allowed

Thanks,
Diego Ferrary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

We have exactly the same issue with our AO project for planning workbooks. Except this one issue we are unable to close the project. we are using AO 1.4 SP12, and SAP BW 7.4 sp10 system. There is no consideration for support pack upgrade at the moment. Hence i found this oss note 2132510, but still the same issue occurs. I have asked my team to apply 2209808 note also, but i'm still skeptical, hence raising this post. As i see for Michael it didn't solve the issue. Do you have any concrete solution to get rid of this issue while planning new data on characteristics without master data. Kindly appreciate your response & Thanks in advance.

Adding to the last message - OSS note implementation 2209808 also didn't solve the issue.

Is there a solution from SAP available to solve this bug ?

Regards,

Nivi.

0 Kudos

Hi Nivi,

AO 1.4 SP12 is quite old. Could you please try with the AO 1.4.17?

Thanks,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

I checked with all the patches sp16/sp17, its not working. Its working only with AFO 2.3.

But in our case it might few months before we go to AFO 2.3.

As mentioned in the OSS correction, do you thing it will work if we have SAP BW 7.4 with SP14, as we have SP10 now, but in few days we will be having SP14. I wanted to know If it works with AFO 1.4 version and SAPBW 7.4 SP14 combination. any idea ?

Thanks for your response, really helped to find a workable scenario.

Regards,

Nivi.

michael_jung2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

i implemented both corrections, but i get in AO the message "invalid value for xxx".

Anly ideas?

thanks in advance and best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Could you please describe more details about your environment?

Thanks,
Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

We have the same issue in our system. Both OSS notes implemented, issue not solved. Still it pops up with the 'Invalid data *** ' message. Have you resolved your issue ? Could you explain me the solution approach. Its very critical for my project as the go-live has put on hold.

Regards,

Nivi.