cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous landscape copy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does LVM support a synchronous landscape copy?

Automic claims to support this feature in their REHAU success story. 

Thanks,

Ron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markus_winter
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

It is obvious that you are passionately following each step SAP LVM is taking on its product roadmap. SAP closely cooperates with such dedicated key experts like you. Unfortunately, we couldn’t meet at SAP TechEd Las Vegas nor at Barcelona since you didn’t attend the events. Therefore, we’d like to invite you to meet our development experts in person at Walldorf, Germany. They’d like to share their latest plans with you and are eagerly looking forward to receiving your feedback. SAP will incur your expenses for the flight ticket and accommodation close to our headquarters at Walldorf.

If you can’t accept this invitation due to compliance regulations of your company, we’ll surely find a compliant way of meeting each other in person and sharing our thoughts. Please let me know which dates would be convenient for you to visit SAP in Walldorf so that we can arrange your trip (ma.winter at sap.com).

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the invitation. I'll get back to when I'm in your area next time. In the meantime, could you let me know about your plans for and end-to-end landscape copy?

Is it still on your roadmap?

Thanks,

Ron

markus_winter
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

Yes, it is still on our roadmap.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

When will it be available?

Thanks,

Ron

markus_winter
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

please check our roadmap which is available for download for customers in our roadmap section.

Thanks & regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your product roadmap is a bit vague regarding the availability of synchronous landscape copy. Other vendors such as Automic have offered this feature for more than a year. When will you offer the same feature?

Thanks,

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

So when will this feature be available?

Thanks,

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

So when will this feature be available?

Thanks,

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

The availability date seems to be top secret. Could you please at least let me know whether landscape copy will be available sometime this year.

Thanks,

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

The availability date seems to be top secret. Could you please at least let me know whether landscape copy will be available sometime this year.

Thanks,

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

markus_winter
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

yes, SAP LVM can trigger a synchronized clone of the required volumes which can then be used to copy entire SAP landscapes.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

a synchronized clone is just a first step in an end-to-end landscape copy. Wasn't such a feature in your roadmap last year? It seems you still have long way to go.

Thanks,

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does LVM support a synchronous landscape copy?

Automic claims to support this feature in their REHAU success story. 

Please respond.

Thanks,

Ron