SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR/IR Settings, tcode OFUP, change setting from IR to GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Our client is asking for an impact analysis regarding the change of the GR/IR update settings from IR to GR (in tcode OFUP).  It appears possible, but it will require the deletion of the FM updates for the purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and invoice receipts followed by the reconstruction of these documents.  This client has 16 years worth of data, so it will only be feasible to reconstruct the data from a point moving forward (i.e. new fiscal year).  What is the impact having FM historical data updated with OFUP at IR with future data updating FM with OFUP set at GR?

I would appreciate any lessons learned regarding this important change in OFUP.   THANK YOU!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What update profile are you using? If it's based on invoice/payment update, then this change is not advisable. Also, keep in mind, that up to certain release AVC is not triggered on GR, and, if you want to apply it, you will have to implement OSS note 2166821. As for historical data, I wouldn't bother too much. Why are you concerned about this and think of reconstruction?

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What update profile are you using? If it's based on invoice/payment update, then this change is not advisable. Also, keep in mind, that up to certain release AVC is not triggered on GR, and, if you want to apply it, you will have to implement OSS note 2166821. As for historical data, I wouldn't bother too much. Why are you concerned about this and think of reconstruction?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

Thank you very much for your response.  Although we do not support this change and it is stated in the SAP ERP Release Notes that changes to these settings after production startup may negatively influence the data in the information system, we have been repeatedly challenged by our clients that they want this change.  We now have been tasked to do an impact analysis regarding this potential change and present our findings.

We are on update profile 102.  It is not based on payment update.  The GR/IR update has been set to Invoice Receipt.  We are on ERP 6, Enhancement Pack 6.  Thank you for the information on the OSS note 2166821.  We were also looking at OSS notes 142866 & 755495 regarding the issue of AVC not triggered on GR. 

If this change gets approved, we were looking at reconstructing the PRs, POs, & invoices that pertain to a new fiscal year (I.e. April 2016) and beyond (i.e.  we allow posting of future PRs & POs beyond the current fiscal year).  We have to wait for the current fiscal year end to be completed.  Unfortunately, the year end (i.e. March 31, 2016) is finalized in June of the new fiscal year.  There is a 3 month period where the 2 fiscal years are open.  So, we could only change OFUP after June 2016.  We would then reconstruct the PRs, POs, & Invoices posted for the new year. 

The reason why the clients wish to change the settings is they wish to report on purchase orders net of the goods receipts against their FM budgets.  Some clients do not use CO planning.   With this in mind, we are entertaining the following options:  (1) BI would be a viable solution, but not all clients have a BI solution.  (2) One of our clients has created a custom report and we are waiting to see the technical specs. 

Since we do not have an environment to test such a significant change in OFUP, I thought to reach out to the SAP community for any information on this subject.  Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your help.

Sincerely,

Christine

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

In this case, I'd suggest you to go for GR/IR update rather than GR only. This change would be less radical and in this case you wouldn't need to reconstruct your budget consumption for non-closed POs. For new POs the user will get his actuals already at GR phase, which will be further 'transferred' to IR (if in your company GR precedes IR).

Of course, changing to solemn GR update and reconstructing is equally an option, but you have to know that FM reconstruction programs are not operating on 100% accuracy, especially if the document has been carried-forward. There are plenty of OSS notes that you would have to implement in order to have the most updated version of reconstruction programs, which, in their turn, would have many pre-requisites.

So, I'd suggest to go for GR/IR, if this change is required by business. Of course, extensive testing in selecting this option, and especially the second one, is essential.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your advice.  Your recommendation and added information will be included into our analysis.

We greatly appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I would have one follow up question.  In the SAP documentation for <Define Filter Settings for Commitment/Actual Values>, it states the following as a requirement:

Note that you must set the GR/IR update indicator for the value MM Invoice Receipt ...in transaction OFUP if you exclude the value type 60 (parked documents), but not value type 54 (invoices).

In our configuration, we have 2 AVC ledgers.  In one of the ledgers (Payment Budget), we have the setting defined in the Note above (value type 60 is excluded, but not value type 54).

So, from how I am understanding this statement, it appears that changing the GR/IR update is not possible.  Am I correct in this interpretation?

Thank you once again.

Christine

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your second AVC ledger? A custom one?

Anyway, I don't understand your doubt: why do you think it's not possible? GR's value type is equally '54'.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

My apologies for my last reply.  I was out of the office.

Yes, we have custom AVC ledgers.  One of the custom AVC ledgers excludes value type 60 but not value type 54.

The SAP documentation states:

<You must set the GR/IR indicator for the value MM Invoice Receipt...in OFUP if you exclude the value type 60 (parked documents), but not the value type 54>.

I am not sure why the SAP documentation has stated this.  Is there a negative consequence if the GR/IR indicator is changed to GR?  

I gather from your response that this statement may no longer be relevant.  Thank you always for your advice.

Sincerely,

Christine